We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Yellowstone

Milford on Sea...
Staying in Yellowstone

Hi

I am travelling to Yellowstone in 2014 with my husband and son age 11. We want to avoid the really busy times - please can someone let me know when American school holidays finish. Also can anyone recommend some accommodation near or in the park that has kitchenette facilities.

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 67
1. Re: Staying in Yellowstone

You are welcome to join us on the Wyoming forum where the Yellowstone National Park forum is situated.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28973-i480-Wyomin…

Most American schools get out late May to early June. However weather can be iffy in May and early June. I recommend considering no earlier than the 3rd or 4th week of June. I was there this year in the 3rd week and had snow flurries 2 mornings. It was not enough to cause difficulties on the roads, but the was quite chilly and windy so not the most comfortable for sightseeing.

None of the facilities within the park have kitchenettes. There are some located in Gardiner MT or West Yellowstone MT that do, but staying outside the park will increase your drive times. There is a lot of driving within the park anyway.

Pam

KCK
reviews: 22
2. Re: Staying in Yellowstone

School is normally back in session by Labor Day.

USA
reviews: 16
3. Re: Staying in Yellowstone

And Labor Day in the U.S. in 2014 will be Monday, September 1,.

Reply to: Staying in Yellowstone
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted