We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter road trip US61 - accommodation

Perth, Australia
reviews: 10
Easter road trip US61 - accommodation

Next Easter we will be driving from Memphis to New Orleans on US 61 stopping three nights on the way. Will probably stay Greenville, Vicksburg and Natchez but will wait and see how it pans out during the drive. I don't want to book accommodation but am concerned that we may have difficulty being the Easter weekend. What are our chances of getting a room without a booking?

burleson,texas
Destination Expert
for Tunica
reviews: 30
1. Re: Easter road trip US61 - accommodation

I wouldn't worry about booking now. I would book a room about 3 months in advance, just in case. I would only book a room that can be cancelled though incase you change your plans.

Pass Christian...
reviews: 70
2. Re: Easter road trip US61 - accommodation

You'll find a room without booking ahead, but not the nicest places. If you want a top rated B&B you'd be better off booking as far in advance as possible for Saturday/Sunday nights. There isn't a lot happening in the small towns, so often the highlight is staying at a cool place and enjoying the people and scenery. For instance, I think you'd have a totally different view of Vicksburg if you stayed in a nice B&B vice a roadside motel. As an aside, you don't mention Clarksdale as one of your stops, but there's more going on there than Greenville. Weekends at a place like the Shack Up Inn are booked-up months in advance on the weekends.

3. Re: Easter road trip US61 - accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 22, 2014