We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lakes MN

Ringwood, United...
reviews: 1
Lakes MN

We are looking at a family vacation where all of us can do things - is there a resort on the lakes that has catamaran sailing?

Minneapolis...
reviews: 13
1. Re: Lakes MN

www.exploreminnesota.com

can you be more specific as to 'lakes', where in Minnesota ?

Ringwood, United...
2. Re: Lakes MN

We would fly into Minneapolis from London........and from there we can hire a car.

Minneapolis...
3. Re: Lakes MN

New Forest, the state of Minnesota is about the same size as the United Kingdom, so are you going to stay in the Minneapolis area or go into the rural areas? Thats what I meant about where in Minnesota. You can drive from the airport to the Brainerd area in about 4 hours, check out the resorts on Gull Lake. Maddens Resort, Craguns Resort are two from which to start. Maybe someone from the Minneapolis area will know if they have any rentals on Lake Minnetonka. cheers, ziggypop

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
4. Re: Lakes MN

I second ziggy's info and questions. What else is included in your initial question of "where we can all do things?" What other things are you looking for?

For just catamaran sailing you wouldn't have to go outside the metro area. I believe you can do it as close by as Lake Waconia on the west side of the Mpls suburbs or White Bear Lake east of Minneapolis and St. Paul

But I like ziggy's starting points where there is a wider variety of things to do and more of the out-of-the-city feel you likely are looking for

Ringwood, United...
5. Re: Lakes MN

We are an active family - interests are tennis,sailing,white water rafting,zip wire ,climbing. We have been to resorts before where each person can go off and do their own thing but still are within one place. I understand that certain activities would be off site. Or we could rent a cabin and have activities within the hours drive. We would have to fly to Minneapolis & St Paul but from there we could drive to resort . Looked at Smugglers in Vermont but my friend in MN told me to come there!!!!

Minneapolis...
6. Re: Lakes MN

www.brainerd.com/lodging/resorts/resorts.html

start here. if the link does not work try www.brainerd.com and click on the resorts button. There are a few 'big resorts' with lots of activities but Brainerd is a vacationland. Most of the big resorts have stay and play golf packages. cheers

Ringwood, United...
7. Re: Lakes MN

Fabulous ! Thanks !

Minneapolis...
reviews: 44
8. Re: Lakes MN

Another helpful website is Explore Minnesota. http://www.exploreminnesota.com

9. Re: Lakes MN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 24, 2014