We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labor Day week

Which Maine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Labor Day week

My wife and I are interested in visiting Maine during Labor Day week for about 4 days. We've never been but would like to visit a place where we can enjoy our much deserved time off of work and relax. We do have a daughter who will be 8 months by that time. We will also be going with 2 other couples and we range in age from late 20's to mid 30's. We love nature, but wouldn't mind staying in or next to a small town. Ideally we can be close to areas where we can bike around, but not really interested in being in the woods. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

-Ruben

2 replies to this topic
Bar Harbor, Maine
reviews: 8
1. Re: Labor Day week

The Acadia National Park area and Bar Harbor would be perfect for you. Lots of car-free biking on the carriage roads in the Park and good choices for lodging and dining in the villages surrounding Acadia.

Maine
reviews: 53
2. Re: Labor Day week

Are you driving from NYC? If so, I would stay in southern Maine. I love Bar Harbor and visit once or twice a year but it's a long drive for only a few days. Check out Ogunquit or Kennebunkport areas. Very busy in the summer but things quiet down after Labor Day.

Reply to: Labor Day week
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted