We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities on Oahu and Kauai

Which Hawaii hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin
reviews: 4
Activities on Oahu and Kauai

First of all...I want to thank those people who have already helped me in my decision making process to this point. My wife and I will be visiting Oahu and Kauai at the end of August into Sept. We will be on Oahu for 5 nights and Kauai for 6 nights. I will be sure to post the itinerary very soon as a big part of my decision making process was on where to stay.

For right now I would quickly like to ask what choice any of you would make if you were given the opportunity to do ONE of the following excursions for FREE. We do in fact have this choice to make.

Oahu:

1. Arizona Memorial/City Tour - includes Arizona Memorial, Pearl Harbor, Historic Downtown & Chinatown by airconditioned guided tour.

2. Atlantis Submarine

3. Majestic Grand Circle Island - a complete circle tour of Oahu with a highlight visit to the 1,800 acre historic Waimea Falls and lunch.

4. Creation - A Polynesian Journey - a show with all you can eat buffet.

5. Don Ho - includes prime rib & chicken dinner

6. Hiking and Snokeling Eco Tour - hiking, snorkeling & boogie boarding eco tour adventure hike through hidden valleys, streams and waterfalls. Snorkel through schools of multicolored tropical fish. Boogie Board at one of Hawaii's most awesome beaches. All day long eco tour.

7. Germaines Luau

8. Sunset Dinner Cruise - 2 hours aboard the Star of Honolulu. A three course Filet Mignon & Crab Dinner with Spirit of Aloha Show and dancing.

Kauai:

1. Hawaiian Luau - buffet of beef, chicken, mahi mahi, kalua pig and sides with open bar.

2. Napali Half Day Raft Tour - encounter dolphins, whales, turtles and more. breakfast, lunch, equipment and instruction included. 6 hours.

3. Waimea Canyon, Wailua River Tour - a day long tour of Kauai, including Waimea Canyon, the Wailua River and Fern Grotto, Kalalau Lookout, Poipu Resort and more. personalized scenic tour with guides. Lunch stop made enroute...but meal not included.

We are planning to see the Polynesian Cultural Center...and perhaps swim with dolphins...other than this we are open...and can have one of the above for free.

Thank you for the input.

Kevin

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
reviews: 25
1. Re: Activities on Oahu and Kauai

#2 Napali tour. No question.

michigan
reviews: 3
2. Re: Activities on Oahu and Kauai

Napali raft tour...hands down.

reviews: 31
3. Re: Activities on Oahu and Kauai

For what it's worth, you can tour Pearl Harbor/Arizona memorial for free anyway, as well as downtown and China town.

Germaine's is not that great.

Brother in law said Star of Honolulu's food was bad.

I would pick one that you can not do on you own for free, like the submarine tour or the raft tour. If you are going to the Polynesian Cultural Center there is a luau included at night.

Kauai / Los Angeles
4. Re: Activities on Oahu and Kauai

You won't see any whales on the raft tour in August/September, but it still might be worthwhile. The Waimea Canyon, Wailus River tour sounds interesting as does the Grand Circle Island Tour on Oahu. I think I did that one on my first trip to Oahu in 1978. God, was I hung-over.....yuk......

5. Re: Activities on Oahu and Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 12, 2009