We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know The Name Of this Place?!?

Which Georgia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ga.
reviews: 23
Anyone know The Name Of this Place?!?

Okay, I am trying to figure out the name of a place somewhere in Ga. It was an old farmhouse or a plantation that had a Southern style eatery on it known for really good food. Think you could relax on the front porch in rocking chairs too while waiting. Also there are women there that are dressed up in colorful frilly hoop skirts like Southern belles. Think the ladies were some type of group with a funny name or something. Could have sworn I saw it on Ga. Hidden Treasures show a long time ago or something. Any help would be welcomed, would like to take a day trip and include this in the future to see & eat at lol but cannot figure out what it's called? Also if anyone has a list of places from those Ga. treasure shows, I sure would love to have it for future refernce as it had lots of great spots to visit:)

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 74
1. Re: Anyone know The Name Of this Place?!?

Could it be Bullock House or Blue Willow Inn? I haven't seen women in antebellum attire at either but that doesn't sound like an everyday thing anyway.

atlanta ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 17
2. Re: Anyone know The Name Of this Place?!?

The Blue Willow Inn, Social circle ga

Ga.
reviews: 23
3. Re: Anyone know The Name Of this Place?!?

Thanks for both the replies. lol I have searched and hunted and have come to the conclusion that I must have confused some place in Ga. that I saw on a Ga. Treasures show with the Alabama Trail Maids cause that's how I remember them being dressed. To my knowledge there are no such groups in Ga. like this so I must be crazy in this case. Still, I plan on going to both your suggestions at some point & Buckners in LG. LOVE to find new things to do in the state especially things that involve good eating:)

atlanta ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 17
4. Re: Anyone know The Name Of this Place?!?

The women did wear antebellum attire at the Blue Willow for years, may still do it on the weekends, but I don't remember them wearing that the last time I ate there (less than a year ago). The Blue Willow fell on hard economic times, and that may have been something they cut.

Buckner's is not open 7 days/week, so make sure you are going on a day they are open.

While eating at Blue Willow, downtown Covington and Madison probably have the biggest concentration of antebellum homes in a small area, in GA. So worth a drive. Buckners is about an hour drive down Hwy 36 from Covington.

Edited: 8:34 am, October 06, 2013
5. Re: Anyone know The Name Of this Place?!?

Here's a blog on the Blue Willow Inn. http://gocovington.com/?p=3193

6. Re: Anyone know The Name Of this Place?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 16, 2014