We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2014 Winter X Games - Breck to Aspen and back in one day?

Which Colorado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia...
reviews: 65
2014 Winter X Games - Breck to Aspen and back in one day?

So I know Breck is only about 2-1/2 hours from Aspen/Buttermilk, but given the time of year/potential weather conditions, would it be realistic to think we could travel (safely) in a rental car from Breckenridge to Aspen and back in the same day to see the 2014 Winter X Games? I've not traveled farther west than Vail at that time of year. What would be the best route to take at the end of January?

Any insider tips to share about attending this particular event? It doesn't look like tickets are on sale yet, and the website does not have specifics posted to date.

Nederland, Colorado
reviews: 8
1. Re: 2014 Winter X Games - Breck to Aspen and back in one day?

It should only take about 2 hours in good driving conditions. (I drive that far at least once a week to go skiing for the day.) There is only one route to take that time of year - I-70 west to Glenwood Springs to Hwy 82 to Aspen.

I haven't attended the X Games so I can't give you any tips, sorry.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 88
2. Re: 2014 Winter X Games - Breck to Aspen and back in one day?

Could be an easy drive or the highway could be closed. It will all depend on the weather on the day of travel. Check CDOT's travel website for up to date information.

http://www.cotrip.org/

Aspen, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Aspen
3. Re: 2014 Winter X Games - Breck to Aspen and back in one day?

You'll need to park at the Brush Creek Intercept Lot on hwy 82. They'll be bus shuttles to ferry you up to Buttermilk 5 miles or so. No parking at the venue.

4. Re: 2014 Winter X Games - Breck to Aspen and back in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 31, 2014