We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uggghhhh . . . So many questions!!

Which Colorado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Knoxville
reviews: 7
Uggghhhh . . . So many questions!!

Okay, so we are about to take our once in a lifetime trip out west and it is a bit overwhelming! I am looking for any help I can get in planning. First, we WILL NOT do the trip in different parts - we are going to take 3 weeks and do all the must-do's in one grand vacation. We have a beautiful spot on the beach that we are only going to give up for one summer, so this is our one and only chance, haha!

The places we are planning on seeing (in order): Badlands (SD), Mount Rushmore, Devil's Tower, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Great Salt Lake, Tahoe, San Francisco, Muir Woods, Carmel, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Coyote Butte, Monument Valley, Rocky Mountain National Park, Stanley's Hotel, and Denver, CO. Any ideas???? We were going to leave out Rocky Mountain NP, Stanley's, and Denver and go to the Painted Desert instead, but I am pretty stuck on seeing Colorado.

Also, I think we are going to drive the whole thing. There is a lot of driving no matter how you cut it and my husband is not a fan of flying, plus money is an issue. We are open to flying, but it would have to really save on the driving time and be relatively cheap. Any thoughts???

If it helps, my husband and I have one teenage daughter. We are all pretty easy going, like a new adventure, are not into partying, and LOVE snorkeling & fishing (I don't think we'll get that on this trip, but it does tell you something about us). My daughter has one request: She wants to take a surfing lesson, which we will do in Carmel. I have a weird interest in the paranormal, but I don't do much with it and try not to talk too much about it in front of my daughter. That is, however, why I want to visit Stanley's. Although we will be doing quite a bit during our trip, my husband HATES days crammed with sightseeing. That is why I tried to plan one or two things to do each day, instead of many. That should help you know some of our likes/dislikes.

If there is any insight you can give us into our trip, please do! I will take what works with our family and lifestyle, but consider all. Thanks in advance for being a part of our planning!!:)

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 106
11. Re: Uggghhhh . . . So many questions!!

Have fun planning, marcomamma! And feel free to come back with any questions about the Colorado part of your trip as you get your itinerary fleshed out.

And be sure to take good notes, as this will be a great trip report for the Road Trip forum!

Knoxville
reviews: 7
12. Re: Uggghhhh . . . So many questions!!

Planning on doing a final itinerary (once I have reworked everything - to see if there are any last minute snafus that I didn't notice) and a trip report (that will be in June 2014) on the road trip forum. Thanks, missp!!!

13. Re: Uggghhhh . . . So many questions!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 19, 2014