We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Telluride, Durango and Colorado Springs

Which Colorado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Myers...
Lodging in Telluride, Durango and Colorado Springs

Hey everyone,

Im planning a trip to Colorado in late September. Does anyone have any suggestions on lodging in Telluride, Durango and Colorado Springs??

We will only need 1 nights stay in each of those locations.

Thanks!!

Colorado Springs...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Lodging in Telluride, Durango and Colorado Springs

What price range?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
reviews: 28
2. Re: Lodging in Telluride, Durango and Colorado Springs

Have you tried kayak.com before? Allows you check multiple hotels in one location simultaneously. Sometimes a good way to compare various options. Since you will only be in Telluride one night, be sure to choose something in town, not in Mountain Village.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
reviews: 38
3. Re: Lodging in Telluride, Durango and Colorado Springs

Look here on TA at the various reviews in those cities. Lodging options range from campgrounds to hotels to vacation rentals. How much do you want to spend? Who is going?

Colorado Springs has lodging options all over the city. We liked Mining Exchange Hotel downtown, but it was not cheap.

Durango best to stay in town for choices of restaurants, shopping etc.

Telluride can't help on that as I have not stayed there.

Fort Myers...
4. Re: Lodging in Telluride, Durango and Colorado Springs

I would like to stay close to the $100 mark...could do a little more and of course could always do less!

Fort Myers...
5. Re: Lodging in Telluride, Durango and Colorado Springs

It would only be for my boyfriend and I. We are wanting to get the Colorado feel so I have been trying to book places that arent hotels/motels. I would rather stay in B&B's or cabins :)

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 112
6. Re: Lodging in Telluride, Durango and Colorado Springs

I know what you mean...I've always loved a cabin in the mountains! But you don't necessarily have to rule out hotels for the Colorado feel...after all, Colorado has a long history of lovely and not so lovely hotels and lodges where visitors (including the likes of Doc Holliday, Teddy Roosevelt, and many more) came to enjoy the Colorado air and scenery. The Brown Palace, the Strater, the Broadmoor, the Stanley, the Western & the Beaumont, the Hotel Colorado...every town had a hotel. In Telluride, it's the New Sheridan for history.

And for skiers, a condo at a ski resort says Colorado!

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 102
7. Re: Lodging in Telluride, Durango and Colorado Springs

CO Springs I recommend the Drury Inn Pikes Peak for their food offerings and drinks throughout the day and across the street The Academy Hotel--beautiful lobby, unbelievable morning breakfast (free you may tip though!)....etc.

We got an upgraded room for two dollars more so instead of 99 it was 101 for 4. That was at the Academy Hotel. At Drury a couple years back I got an $89 (somewhere in that range) deal.

https:/…

http://www.theacademyhotel.com/

Edited: 10:59 am, June 19, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 54
8. Re: Lodging in Telluride, Durango and Colorado Springs

<<We are wanting to get the Colorado feel >>>

I might pick a different town than Colorado Springs if I was wanting a "Colorado Feel".

Colorado Springs is pretty suburban/sprawl without any real core. It is the second largest city in the state and it is at the base of the mountains not in the mountains. It does get high marks for families and attractions.

Edited: 11:02 am, June 19, 2013
WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 102
9. Re: Lodging in Telluride, Durango and Colorado Springs

I read your original post and answered accordingly ( and not the subsequent postings ...for time sake) so maybe not Drury or Hotel Academy though they're great.

I disagree on the Colorado feel...Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods alone are stunning. You can visit nearby Woodland Park for a more up in the mountains feel or stay in Manitou Springs (after all Pike's Peak is a 14'er) and also Woodland Park is minutes away (say 15min. approx.). If you want multiple mountains per say it doesn't have that though it's definitely not flat terrain there. We go back everytime we go to CO--to here and to Glenwood Springs and then add new towns each time (our favorites: Crested Butte, Lake City, Gunnison, Estes Park and of course CO/Glenwood Springs areas). To me they all have a CO feel--the diversity and beauty seen all throughout CO is present here too.

Edited: 11:49 am, June 19, 2013
Fort Myers...
10. Re: Lodging in Telluride, Durango and Colorado Springs

Awesome! I think I have decided to stay in Woodland Park at Woodland Inn. Can't wait!