We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denver???

Which Colorado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 7
Denver???

I am going to Denver for a conference for 4 days, and have a couple of freee days to travel. If I am into skiing/ hiking for a couple of days, should I stay in Denver and do day trips? Or should I stay out of town for a night? If out of town, any suggestions on where to stay?

Thanks!!

Maya

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 88
1. Re: Denver???

When are you arriving?

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: Denver???

April 9-14. I heard there may still be some spring skiing? Or if not maybe we could go hiking. I would definitely like some outdoor time.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 51
3. Re: Denver???

Breckenridge will be open. They close the 14th so best to go at the start of the trip. A super fun time to be there.

If not then your choice is Arapahoe Basin or Loveland ski areas. I'd stay in the town of Frisco, though it will be pretty quiet.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 88
4. Re: Denver???

Agreed with Alli.

Oh, and mid-April is not exactly a good time for hiking in the mountains (melting snow, muddy trails....). There's a reason the end of ski season is known as the start of mud season.

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: Denver???

Sorry, I clealy haven't done my research, but is frisco in breckenridge? I'll only have 12-13 free, so those will have to be my days.

Thanks for the advice, very helpful! We were going to just stay in denver and take day trips but this sounds way better!

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
6. Re: Denver???

No Frisco is a town about 9 miles from Breck. Since your going to be here while Breck is open I'd stay in Breck. Matt the DE has answered the where to stay ? many, many times. Click on his name and you can view post titles.

http://www.gobreck.com might get you started.

Have fun!

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
7. Re: Denver???

Adding that http://www.allairetimbers.com is a lovey place to stay in Breckenridge.

8. Re: Denver???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 16, 2014