We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA's Top 10 Ballparks 2013 . 2 of them in California

Which California hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
TA's Top 10 Ballparks 2013 . 2 of them in California

No Surprise here. AT&T Park in San Francisco and Petco Park in San Diego

multivu.com/mnr/57952-tripadvisor-announces-…

AT&T Park

Travelers visiting AT&T Park can take in amazing views of the San Francisco Bay in this stunning ballyard that opened in 2000. Visitors wait for home run balls to be hit into McCovey Cove, enjoy tasty local fare and beverages and can visit the 50-by-50 foot replica of the park designed for children. “Even if you don’t like baseball, you must take in a game here,” said a TripAdvisor traveler.

Petco Park

Travelers visiting “America’s Finest City” are invited to explore this seaside ballpark, which complements the beauty of the surrounding Pacific Ocean. Since opening its gates in 2004, Petco Park has allowed fans to cheer from one of the site’s trademark dark blue seats or its grass-covered seating area known as “The Park at the Park.” A TripAdvisor traveler noted, “The atmosphere is the best, the fans are super cool and the view is simply spectacular.”

Petco park is also fondly known as ATT Park South during SF Giants Games.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
1. Re: TA's Top 10 Ballparks 2013 . 2 of them in California

I hate that "America's Finest City" thing ... SD tried to brand that years ago; it's dumb and self serving.

HeHe I notice Chavez Latrine somehow didn't make the cut. Nor, I hope, will the product they put out on the field this spring.

Go Giants

Together + Again

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
2. Re: TA's Top 10 Ballparks 2013 . 2 of them in California

No need to knock the Dodgers when they're down. It was bad enough to boo Hanley Ramirez at the WBC....just because he's now sporting the Blue but such are the ways in the Dodger-Giants rivalry.

I remember writing a letter to the Chronicle way back when Mike Scioscia got hurt and fans booed him as he got up. My letter was published and the following week a die-hard Giants response was that he would boo a Dodger if he got up in the morning.....

ANYWAYS...... Dodger Stadium should NOT have been included. Having been to every Nat'l League park it's well known that the fan experience is sorely lacking at the stadium. The stadium is excellent for its sight lines but that's about it.

In terms of that list.... I would have ranked Citizens Bank Park and Camden Yards above AT& T....

Friendliest fans......Miller Park in Milwaukee

Dr. Z

P.S. Your garlic fries suck ;)

Edited: 7:40 pm, March 21, 2013
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
3. Re: TA's Top 10 Ballparks 2013 . 2 of them in California

I'm not a big fan of the garlic fries either. Other than that, AT&T rocks! And so do the Giants.

<<he would boo a Dodger if he got up in the morning.....>>

My kinda Giants fan.

But the Dodgers have spent a lot of money in the last year to put a "team" together. We'll see what happens this year. Those of us who bleed Orange & Black think this team is a force of nature. And certainly greater than the sum of the parts.

Together + Again

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
4. Re: TA's Top 10 Ballparks 2013 . 2 of them in California

The Salty higher BP garlic fries are from Gilroy. Made so that one can drink more beer Please file a complaint with the Gilroy DE who may be too intoxicated on Garlic wine or ODed on garlic ice cream

What will be interesting is to see how the LAA and the LAD perform ? Both have spent like crazy. Both ballparks were never full for most games though I hear Season tickets sales were higher

Given that their payroll combined may be more than the GDP of lots of countries

To all those reading this, if you are in SD or Anaheim or LA or SF or Oakland check the Padres, Angels, Dodgers (boo). Athletics and Your 2013 world champions THE SF GIants !!!!

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
5. Re: TA's Top 10 Ballparks 2013 . 2 of them in California

Easy now..... 2012 Champions.

I think the garlic may have gotten you overly optimistic.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
6. Re: TA's Top 10 Ballparks 2013 . 2 of them in California

Ooops. I did mean 2012 World Champions. It would be nice to be the champions this year but I should not jinx it. Yes it is the whif-fle from the garlic wine that caused the faux-pas

Los Angeles...
reviews: 66
7. Re: TA's Top 10 Ballparks 2013 . 2 of them in California

Hate to the the odd one out but I'm in LA and a Dodger fan, and I actually like Dodger Stadium. Yeah, it's old and needs work - but it's historic. One of the few old classic stadiums left. And it's still named after the team, not some big corporation. And the setting is really pretty - surrounded by hills and a killer view of downtown.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
8. Re: TA's Top 10 Ballparks 2013 . 2 of them in California

Well, millions of dollars was spent in the off season to improve Dodgers Stadium, and they plan to do more next off season, still will be the classic old school style, but somewhat better...

Checked the Spring Training Standards today, The Padres have the best record of any of the California Teams currently :)

I was impressed when they converted Angel Stadium of Anaheim from a multi-use facility back to mainly a Baseball Stadium when Disney owned the team, I would place it third best in the state.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
9. Re: TA's Top 10 Ballparks 2013 . 2 of them in California

Forgot to add the info on the Dodgers Stadium Improvements, which were needed, especially the restroom facility increases...

losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp…

Should make it better for when the Padres and Angels fans head to the Stadium to see the teams beat the Dodgers...

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
10. Re: TA's Top 10 Ballparks 2013 . 2 of them in California

I should add, looking at California Sports teams, just because you won/did good last year does not equate to the current season.

The Anaheim Ducks are by far the best team on the West Coast even the the LA Kings won the Stanley Cup last year.

The LA Lakers are struggling, while the LA Clippers are on top in the west.

Amazing what a year will do.

At least the LA Galaxy are doing well as the back to back champions early in the season....