We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napa in November

Which California hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
reviews: 4
Napa in November

My fiance and I are planning a trip to Napa in November. Our plan is to stay no more than four to five nights and we're undecided. Do we do a B&B or a Hotel/Resort? Do we stay in the City of Napa or should we consider another town in the Valley? Our budget is no more than $350/night (less if possible).

Also, drivers or limo services than can drive us around - Does anyone recommend a company that could drive us from winery to winery.

Thank you

Maggie

reviews: 789
1. Re: Napa in November

We like to stay in Yountville. Village and The Hotel Yountville are two nice hotels in your budget with great amenities. :)

San Francisco, Ca
reviews: 60
2. Re: Napa in November

We need more information about YOUR preferences to make recommendations...

>>Do we do a B&B or a Hotel/Resort? <<

B&Bs are very cute (but can be very expensive), and will offer minimal privacy, since many of them are Victorian mansions that have been converted. You're generally expected to leave during the day (especially if the innkeeper lives on property). Breakfast is generally eaten in a common room with other guests, and only served until a specific time. Most B&Bs don't offer full meal service.

A hotel and resort can offer whatever services you want (or can pay for)... restaurants, pools, spas, golf courses, etc.

>>Do we stay in the City of Napa or should we consider another town in the Valley? <<

Napa is a larger city, which will give you a broader selection of hotels, restaurants, shops, etc. But it will be busier and not as scenic as some of the small towns in the valley... St. Helena, Yountville, etc.

So the question is, what sounds better to you?

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 2,740
3. Re: Napa in November

for 4 or 5 nights I would choose either Calistoga or Napa. While all the areas in Napa are wonderful, I ind that either Calistoga or Napa gives you more opportunities to be budget conscious while still having an amazing time. Yountville, while very pleasant, generally means a higher priced vacation.

In November, rates can vary around Thanksgiving holiday as extremely busy, but rest of the month you should be able to get good deals.

Since you are mixed on whether bed or breakfast or hotel, I would recommend checking out two places that I consider to be "in between". The two places - one in Napa and one in Calistoga (and we have stayed at both are )

1) Napa Best Western Elm House Inn - this is an amazing place with warm cookies in the afternoon; a very nice breakfast in the morning; a warm comfortable fire in the fireplace with great seating; a hot tub out door (note: no swimming pool); easy access on and off of I29, (one of the two main winery roads), its also close enough to downtown Napa for restaurants and entertainment - for best nightly entertainment, Napa is your place of all the towns in Napa Valley. They have Uptown Theater and Napa Valley Opera House (a full variety of shows not just opera). and a lot of restaurants. Oxbow Market with their good food, great prices is there - it makes for a great time - but budget friendly. The place is close to the many tasting rooms in downtown Napa, as well as close to the many outstanding restaurants in the Napa area.

bestwesterncalifornia.com/hotels/best-wester…

http://www.oxbowpublicmarket.com/

http://www.uptowntheatrenapa.com/

winecountrythisweek.com/maps/downtown-napa-w…

napatouristguide.com/restaurants-downtown.ht…

In Calistoga we like Europa Inn and Spa - this also has afternoon cookies; breakfast in the morning. It also has a swimming pool; comfortable outside seating; nice rooms; and walking distance to the restaurants in Calistoga. It has on site spa facilities as well. If you want to try a mud bath, calistoga is the place for that.

There are a number of wineries close by to drive to on the days you do not do a tour.

http://www.eurospa.com/

calistogavisitors.com/calistoga-index.php

http://www.calistogaspas.com/mud_baths.htm

In terms of tours, we usually drive ourselves but you can find more information in other posts or hope someone answers you here.

Yes, there are tons of great places to stay in Napa Valley, so if these are not what you are looking for, I am sure you will find one that will. just give us more what you are looking for.

Edited: 1:41 am, March 17, 2013
4. Re: Napa in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 19, 2014