We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New format for forums March 11 2013

Which California hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 75
New format for forums March 11 2013

If anyone would like to join the conversation about the new format of the forums, here is the link to the thread on the Help Us Make TripAdvisor Forums Better! (HUMTAB) forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k6245491

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
1. Re: New format for forums March 11 2013

I find it is always difficult to get used to new formats!!

This one keeps changing on different pages so hopefully that will be settled soon!

Houston, TX
reviews: 25
2. Re: New format for forums March 11 2013

Just looking over the comments--reactions not so positive about the changes. Many posters, myself included, dislike the amount of white space on the page. Another complaint centers around the elimination of relevant items from the side of the page (local hotels, etc) in favor of a list of popular cities. Early repliers are not happy people with the change.

So Cal
reviews: 64
3. Re: New format for forums March 11 2013

Well...let's see. Right now, at least, the "Hotels travelers are raving about" are all in California, so that fits...and the Top Questions about CA are listed below that. So that's good. However, further down there's still that useless "Explore the world!" business. But is that even now? I confess, I've always ignored whatever's on the sides - I never find any of it useful. Have I been missing out? :-|

So Cal
reviews: 64
4. Re: New format for forums March 11 2013

I do agree on the whitespace. Too much, leads to too much scrolling. I think they were aiming for a less-cluttered look, but I'm not sure they succeeded. Guess I'll see if I get used to it, or still find myself irritated a month from now.

LA
Destination Expert
for Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii
reviews: 1
5. Re: New format for forums March 11 2013

What is it with the giant print and huge amount of empty white space?

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 8
6. Re: New format for forums March 11 2013

Where's the dislike key? :-((

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 8
7. Re: New format for forums March 11 2013

I left for awhile and came back hoping this was all a bad dream, but, nope, this blinding format is till here. If it stays, I may not. :-((

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 75
8. Re: New format for forums March 11 2013

There are also some of us (I'm one) who have the avatars above the reply rather than to the left. The conversation about this bug is here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k6245898

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 14
9. Re: New format for forums March 11 2013

I need my sunglasses now to read the screen.

California
reviews: 12
10. Re: New format for forums March 11 2013

Why so many reply buttons? If i click on the reply in any of your posts does my reply to you get inserted below your reply?

So I may try replying to Kibblesmom saying "Don't go!" to see how that works.