We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour from LA- tours 4fun

Which California hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 132
Tour from LA- tours 4fun

My husband & I have a week to spend out of LA, so my husband found a tour that does Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, San Francisco, etc over a week. Meant to include accommodation & bus travel. And seems perfect. My problem is its really cheap, so I don trust it. Anyone had any experience with this tour group?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
1. Re: Tour from LA- tours 4fun

Something doesn't ring true. The blurb says that the tours start at around $400 or $500. You can't even get 7 days of hotel rooms for that, even if they put you in flea bags. Of course they do say "beginning at".....when they put the price in.

The pace is brutal. Going from LA to San Francisco in one day with the stops they promise you is barely possible and certainly not "fun".

In addition, they are putting you in hotels which are way out of the way. To visit San Francisco they put you in Union City, which is a nowhere place across the Bay and south of the city. In LA they put you way out southeast of the city, in a place called La Miranda, which I have never heard of.

I would burn the brochure :~)

Edited: 11:07 am, February 13, 2013
Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 132
2. Re: Tour from LA- tours 4fun

Cheers. I thought as much. I'd expect to pay some thousands for what they promise. And I am fussy about my hotels.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
3. Re: Tour from LA- tours 4fun

With a week, you could plan your own trip, with the help of the folks on this forum.

Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, San Francisco....in a week? The trip would be too rushed for me, with a lot of driving.

There are other possibilities. There are cheap flights in-state with airlines like Southwest. So, maybe, if you really want Las Vegas, fly there, rent a car for a day trip to the Grand Canyon, then fly from Las Vegas to San Francisco. If you could arrange to fly out of there rather than LA it would help.

Just an example.

Good luck. Stay away from Tours4Fun. NOT!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 55
4. Re: Tour from LA- tours 4fun

Here are some tours offered by a long-established tour company in L.A.:

starlinetours.com/los-angeles-to-las-vegas.a…

(You would have to add in the SF portion on your own but you could do that pretty easily: just fly from Las Vegas or L.A. to the SF area -- southwest.com is a popular, inexpensive airline that flies into OAK (near SF) and then get a local tour of SF or 'self tour' (look at this site for a ticket book of popular attractions at a discounted price)

http://www.citypass.com/san-francisco

5. Re: Tour from LA- tours 4fun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 19, 2014