We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravan tours of California Coast & Yosemite

Edmond, OK
reviews: 14
Caravan tours of California Coast & Yosemite

We have been on several bus trips before, but not with Caravan. Does anyone have a review of Caravan tours in the United States in general??? Would love to have a first hand report. Thanks

Edited: 10:11 am, January 05, 2013
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 56
1. Re: Caravan tours of California Coast & Yosemite

There are lots of glowing reviews on the Caravan page: caravan.com/tour/usa-california-coast

To find past comments from TA members, here is what you do.

Above your post is a green Search In box. Put "Caravan Tours" (in quotes) in the box. Click the magnifying glass. The results are sorted by relevance, but I think it makes more sense for this search to be sorted by date. Then read the ones that seem to have good information for you.

If you want more information from any particular TA member, click their name and then select 'Send Message' from the choices on the right side of their page. It's possible that they'll reply, but lots of folks enjoy TripAdvisor briefly and then never return.

For my two cents, this looks like an okay tour. You don't get to stay very long in Yosemite, but it's a tour.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
2. Re: Caravan tours of California Coast & Yosemite

Good advise above by PNWF. Good morning.

If at all possible please drive and see the areas on your own pace. That would be the best thing to do

Edmond, OK
reviews: 14
3. Re: Caravan tours of California Coast & Yosemite

Thanks. Appreciate your help on how to search correctly!!

Washington State
Destination Expert
4. Re: Caravan tours of California Coast & Yosemite

You're welcome, tho' I imagine there are several ways to search and find what you're seeking.

If you have other questions about using the features of TripAdvisor, pop over to the Support Forum where other TA members can offer advice about how to use TripAdvisor. (Most of my 'tricks' I learned from them!) tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Fayetteville, North...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Caravan tours of California Coast & Yosemite

We have traveled with Caravan to Yellowstone and also to Canada Rockies tour. Can't say enough about them. Great service, very professional.

Buffalo, New York
reviews: 3
6. Re: Caravan tours of California Coast & Yosemite

I'm also considering this same tour. How long does one truly need at Yosemite? The tour pace does seem a little fast, but it appears that they get to all of the great sites along the coast, except San Diego.

Washington State
Destination Expert
7. Re: Caravan tours of California Coast & Yosemite

>>How long does one truly need at Yosemite?<<

I could easily spend two weeks every year. Some folks visit for a few hours and are happy. Many visitors stay 2 or 3 nights.

A very 'basic' summer visit is 1/2 day at Glacier Point, 1/2 day at Mariposa Grove, 1 day in Yosemite Valley, and 1 day along Tioga Road enjoying Tuolumne Meadows.

Buffalo, New York
reviews: 3
8. Re: Caravan tours of California Coast & Yosemite

Thank you for the response. I've also inquired about the California tour. I read the fine print regarding the hotels on the tour. Many of them are top hotels - 3.5-4 stars. I wonder if the hotel accommodations printed in the brochure will remain the same. Has anyone had experience with booking this tour and the hotel accommodations were changed at the last minute?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
9. Re: Caravan tours of California Coast & Yosemite

Please read the itinerary of the tour very carefully. I have read some of them and it would be a nightmare for me to travel with them because of the miles covered in such a short time and the fact that then you have such little time at what they are calling "destinations".

I would worry more about where the hotels are located rather than the star rating. Some of these tours, for example, tell you you are visiting San Francisco, which they do for a couple of hours, while they sleep you in a different location, miles away.

I really think that you get more for your money if you plan the trip yourself and drive it yourself. And will go home after the trip knowing that you have seen what you came to see and did not have a harrowing "rushingaround" experience.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
10. Re: Caravan tours of California Coast & Yosemite

I agree with Puter. It's a very rushed trip and far too less time for Yosemite and the cities.