We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to San Francisco

Which California hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 1
First time to San Francisco

We are going for our company trip to San Francisco around April or May 2013 for about a week and would like to extend a few more nights on our own, maybe in a group of 6~8.

Thinking of extending maybe another 3~4nights, where will be an ideal places to visit?. Was looking into LA, San Diego. And prefer places of visit that are historical, etc.

And how do we go about in terms of travelling? Any trains like those in Europe?

Hope to get some advise here.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
1. Re: First time to San Francisco

No trains like those in Europe. have you thought of visiting Yosemite NP and parts of the coast south of San Francisco? You'll need reservations for Yosemite. I'd rent a car then.

San Francisco...
reviews: 109
2. Re: First time to San Francisco

Given that this is a company trip with a large party -- my recommendation is to keep things logistically simple.

A logistically simple trip would be to take a day tour to Yosemite National Park from one of the many tour groups. This way, those who want to join the trip can simply purchase their own ticket. Some tour groups also have options for trips to gold country to experience the history of the California Gold Rush.

Another would be a short road trip to Monterey / Carmel / Pebble Beach -- especially if you have avid golfers. Even if you don't golf, the Monterey peninsula is beautiful. And there are historical buildings and missions in that area.

Edited: 11:43 am, November 08, 2012
Kuala Lumpur...
3. Re: First time to San Francisco

Tks Al.

Will look into those places highlighted.

We will be breaking off from our company trip into a group of 6~ only.

For 3~4nights, will it be a good idea to makea trip all the way down to San Diego or just nearby? We will depart from San Francisco airport I guess.

Kuala Lumpur...
4. Re: First time to San Francisco

Tks Tet.

I will look into the places highlighted. Guess Yosemite is highly recommended. :)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
5. Re: First time to San Francisco

You talk of historical sites oh well you can check out the CA mission in SF. You can visit downtown Sonoma to check that out. You can visit Gold country east of SF

I agree with my fellow members above to do local overnight trips

But you have mentioned LA and SD a few times so if you want to do that you will have to fly to either city. Hard to do both in 3 days or drive down as you will waste most of a day what in LA or SD interests you ? That can determine which city to go to. Also it would be ideal of you can fly back to KL from Lax instead of coming back to SF

Lot to think about as there is no wrong answer. I think for.a party of six Sonoma and Yosemite or Yosemite and Carmel would be easier and you can check Missions enroute

6. Re: First time to San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 02, 2013