We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AmericaCarRental.com Has anyone used them, can't find review

Which California hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
reviews: 1
AmericaCarRental.com Has anyone used them, can't find review

Hi, Has anyone used AmericaCarRental.com?? I've searched the net but can't find any good or bad feedback. There prices seem quite reasonable. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks Mike

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 51
1. Re: AmericaCarRental.com Has anyone used them, can't find review

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Brisbane...
2. Re: AmericaCarRental.com Has anyone used them, can't find review

I've just made a booking through them now.... this is what it said after payment details completed.

"The vehicle you have chosen requires a reservation number from the supplier before the booking can be completed.

If the vehicle becomes available within 48 hours, the reservation will be confirmed and we will collect payment from your card (if applicable) and then e-mail you the voucher. "

So im not exactly sure of the agreement americancarrental.com has with the car rental companies themselves or how they advertise those prices but if it confirms I will post back up on here and let you know because it would be a very good service for the price.... however if it takes more than 48 hours as I am in Australia and it is coming into the weekend I would be very disappointed to wait so long and run the risk of other companies prices going up.

Auckland
3. Re: AmericaCarRental.com Has anyone used them, can't find review

I ended up giving them ago last year and they were great. Simple easy and cheap. Nothing untoward. Cheers mike

Sydney, Australia
4. Re: AmericaCarRental.com Has anyone used them, can't find review

Yes booked them them twice and had no issues :)

Brisbane...
5. Re: AmericaCarRental.com Has anyone used them, can't find review

Just a follow up... American car rental did get back to me that day to say it was confirmed so there was no drama there... I did however find it cheaper at a UK company www.traveljigsaw.com and ended up booking through them because they had a 24 hour toll free number even for Australia... I canceled the booking through american car rental and they refunded the full amount so no dramas there... Although when they refunded the money it was a little bit less but the bank showed it was originally for the full amount I think there where some bank fees or exchange rate difference or something about $10 less though....

Just to note I had to change my return booking with traveljigsaw.com and they don't charge any extra at all and did it over the phone very friendly and easy was very impressed.

Edited: 9:35 am, November 06, 2012
Santiago, Chile
6. Re: AmericaCarRental.com Has anyone used them, can't find review

Hi... so I've been trying to follow your leads, and found this under the terms and conditions of traveljigsaw: "FUEL – YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY FOR A TANK OF FUEL WHEN COLLECTING THE VEHICLE LOCALLY".

So were you finally charged for prepay fuel or did you load it on your own... I've been hearing stories of some companies charging up to double the amount for a gallon of fuel.

Appreciate any advice.

Whangarei, New...
reviews: 14
7. Re: AmericaCarRental.com Has anyone used them, can't find review

Have been doing some research myself for sometime. I found americacars.com, usually redirected me to rentalcars.com. - probably a subsiduary. My search has been for California. The most economic reliable site i have found ( and used previuosly in OZ ) was Vroom Vroom Vroom. I am looking at hiring a Grand cherokee for three weeks . Rentalcars .com quote was around $US 1100. Vroom vroom quote was $938. a good saving. Let us know what choice you go for . Thanks

Brisbane...
8. Re: AmericaCarRental.com Has anyone used them, can't find review

Hey ang_gaan, I believe it depends which company you select as they all have their own terms and conditions... I selected a car through Alamo car rentals and the policy is to return the car full of petrol but I did notice dollar rentals car policy is that you had to pay for a full tank of gas and try to drop it off empy (which I think is a rip off! I mean I'm not on a game show trying to do a challenge I'm paying for a service.. It is just a greedy way to get some extra $ from people)

Santiago, Chile
9. Re: AmericaCarRental.com Has anyone used them, can't find review

960pipe960, you're absolutely right. It depends on which rental company owns the car. We went ahead and booked with AmericaCarRental using Alamo, and had no issues with returning the car just full... seems it's Thrifty that's forcing customers to pay for gas according to their own rates. We booked 2 weeks rental from California to Las Vegas... was lucky to get a brand new car with just 40 miles... returned it with over 1,600 miles, and absolutely no issues. Would recommend AmericaCarRental anytime. Incidentally, they were also very helpful to make a few changes to our rental plans without charging us any extra fees.

10. Re: AmericaCarRental.com Has anyone used them, can't find review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, January 07, 2014