We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denali or Seward in September ???

Which Alaska hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Camden, Australia
reviews: 14
Denali or Seward in September ???

I am afarid I have to leave a pretty vague question... I am needing help. I will be flying into Anchorage arriving around 5pm and then either leaving.

Option 1) bus to Denali, 1 night in a lodge then a 4pm train next day to Fairbanks where i will be for 3 nights.

Option 2 Fly to Fairbanks for 3 nights then fly back to Anchorage then bus to Seward, 1 night there possibly do a Fjords tour.

I love wildlife but have limited time to see it. Any advice would be a big help. I am heading to Banff after Alaska so my National parks won't be over.

Thank so much for any help.

28 replies to this topic
Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
reviews: 24
1. Re: Denali or Seward in September ???

What are your dates of travel? This makes a big difference for your Denali travel.

MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
2. Re: Denali or Seward in September ???

I am not excited about either option.

Three nights in Fairbanks means it must be work-related?

You arent taking the bus the day yiu arrive in Anchorage are you?

I woukd head to Fairbanks first then train ir bus to Denali. That woukd give you more time in Denali.

I would not head to Seward unless you were certain you could take a 6 hiur ir longer KF tour.

3. Re: Denali or Seward in September ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, February 05, 2014

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
reviews: 138
4. Re: Denali or Seward in September ???

I don't like either option, but mostly because of 3 nights in Fairbanks. Can you tell us more about your trip?

Given what you've said, if trip was 1st half of September, I'd pick Denali. 2nd half of September, I'd pick Seward.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 35
5. Re: Denali or Seward in September ???

Need to hear back from OP to see why they are in Fbks for 3 days . . .

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
reviews: 138
6. Re: Denali or Seward in September ???

Fairbanks 3 days...

There's a lot more, scattered information in the OP's several other threads. Looks as if they are in Fairbanks for NLs.

one thread/post (see top right of screen, "Why KEEP ALL QUESTIONS in 1 original thread?")...

meic86,

If you could keep all of your posts/information the readers/posters would not have to ask as many questios and all of your information would be easily seen by us.

Camden, Australia
7. Re: Denali or Seward in September ???

Fairbanks is because of the nL it is more 3 nights than 3 full days.

it will be around Sept 11.

I didn't think I was deleting my posts? I'm sorry not sure what you mean

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 35
8. Re: Denali or Seward in September ???

What the other posters meant is that it is easier to keep track of what your plans are for Alaska if you add to your original post rather than create new posts - no one is asking you to delete them. So some people see that you have other questions already on the forum and find it more difficult to offer advice when you can't see what your entire plan is.

While Banff is amazing, it doesn't have near the wildlife of Alaska . . .

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
9. Re: Denali or Seward in September ???

The shuttle buses stop running into Denali on September 11, you may want to take that int consideration. Spryde is not saying you are deleting your posts he is saying that you should keep all your questions in one post to make it easier to answer your questions.

Camden, Australia
10. Re: Denali or Seward in September ???

My plans keep changing so that is why I just create a new post sorry for any confusion.

Would I get anything out of Denali going for just 1 night? Arriving around 1pm then departing 4pm the next day?

Could I see the nL from there?

Reply to: Denali or Seward in September ???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted