We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train ride other than skagway

Which Alaska hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dallas, texas
reviews: 12
train ride other than skagway

are there any of the ports where you can do a train ride like you can out of skagway - just for a day visit from one of the cruise ports. (I don't want to do the long train into Danali - this is primarily a question for an excursion to do at the cruise ports).

my question is such b/c we are contemplating which port to do - either Skagway or Sitka. There is hte train ride that my father-in-law would be interseted in doing out of Skagway - but i've had a couple of recommendates on TA that SItka may be a better port of call instead of Skagway.

... such hard decisions. :) Thanks in advance for any help!

Los Angeles
reviews: 16
1. Re: train ride other than skagway

I'm not sure which itineraries you're looking at, but there are also trains between Seward to Anchroage and Whittier to Anchorage. Both of which are reported to be scenic. Of course, these would be pre or post cruise rather than a port stop, but might be worth considering if you're starting or ending your cruise in Seward or Whittier.

2. Re: train ride other than skagway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, August 19, 2010