We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charleston to New Orleans

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 1
charleston to New Orleans

Does anyone have any good suggestions on where to stay/visit on my way between Charleston and New Orleans?

Mobile
reviews: 20
1. Re: charleston to New Orleans

Athens, GA would only be a little out of your way I think and is a really nice college town. Same for Auburn, AL which is on the way. Both would have the college town kind of things to do, maybe look for art museums, etc... I'm partial to Auburn but an unbiased observer would probably favor Athens by a little.

Calloway Gardens is on the way, you could check the web site for things to do. Not sure how great of a winter time stop it is, but may be okay. FDR's little white house in Warm Springs, GA is a possibility. In Mobile if you are willing to drive a little out of your way I think Fort Gaines on Dauphin Island is a cool place to visit. I'm sure there are a lot more ideas, but that's a few.

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
reviews: 3
2. Re: charleston to New Orleans

What kinds of things would you like to see or do during the stopover? There are various routes that you could take, so it would depend on what you are looking for to best suggest a stop. Or, if you have a specific route already planned, let us know so that we can see what is along that route.

3. Re: charleston to New Orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Alabama