We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuba Blau Costa Verda All inclusive 17/03/14 two weeks

London
reviews: 3
Cuba Blau Costa Verda All inclusive 17/03/14 two weeks

Hi Everyone can you please help me as i have the follwoing questions ?

1.What is the best currency to have in cuba ?

2. We was bitten by mosquitoes in December 2009 ?

3. Will this occur again in March ?

4. Best rooms to occupy away from noise and not too far to walk to amenities ?

5. The rooms that are recommended are situated at blocks 16-17-18 ?

6. Have you any named person that you would recomend to book excursions with that are not connected to the hotel ?

7.Are there plenty of excursions to do here ?

8. should be we take british sterling and change up in cuba ?

9. Can we purchase cigars from vendors that are on the beach?

10. how much should we be paying for cigars so that we are not being taken advantaged of ?

11. what type of shoes do you recomend to wear on the beach Rubber or cloth ?

12. Please please helpme as i want this trip to be made memorable for my Girlfriend

Thanks

11 replies to this topic
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
reviews: 35
1. Re: Cuba Blau Costa Verda All inclusive 17/03/14 two weeks

Hi there.

First of all you should take Sterling cash. Check out my Inside Page on Currency and Credit Cards at this link:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147270-c69372/Cuba…

As regards mosquitoes, you should take a DEET based repellent. Check out this link:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147270-c106778/Cub…

You can find a list of excursions here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147270-c158694/Cub…

Do NOT buy cigars from anyone selling them on the beach as they will be fakes.

London
2. Re: Cuba Blau Costa Verda All inclusive 17/03/14 two weeks

Thanks and can anyone help me with the other questions please ?

Amherst, Canada
reviews: 10
3. Re: Cuba Blau Costa Verda All inclusive 17/03/14 two weeks

Room Blocks 16-18 are directly by the new pool. Block 28 is very close to all restaurants, bars and main lobby area. Best shoes for the ocean are the rubber soled water shoes. Enjoy!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
4. Re: Cuba Blau Costa Verda All inclusive 17/03/14 two weeks

As regards excursions I would recommend that you book them with either your own, or another tour operator at the hotel. Cuba isn't like other countries where you can find someone else selling excursions undercutting the tour operators. All the excursions are organised by a Cuban tour company anyway which is government owned.

reviews: 8
5. Re: Cuba Blau Costa Verda All inclusive 17/03/14 two weeks

Now I'm sure, maybe wrong but the mozzies that bit you in 2009 might be a tad out of action by now. No worries.

London
6. Re: Cuba Blau Costa Verda All inclusive 17/03/14 two weeks

Thanks and can anyone help me with the other questions please ? Guys need email contact details for the hotel can this be provided ?

London
7. Re: Cuba Blau Costa Verda All inclusive 17/03/14 two weeks

The point i was making is there a difference in months for problems with mosquitos ?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
8. Re: Cuba Blau Costa Verda All inclusive 17/03/14 two weeks

If it rains there will be mosquitoes, they can be a problem year round.

email address of the hotel:

jefe.ventas@blau-cv.co.cu

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 14
9. Re: Cuba Blau Costa Verda All inclusive 17/03/14 two weeks

The rainy season is the worst for mosquitos, so the Winter months are generally better. It is unpredictable however and after any spell of rain and humidity they can be bad. I have had a bite free week followed by a second week with many. The tiny sand-flies are an equal irritant and go for legs and ankles.

Ontario Canada
reviews: 60
10. Re: Cuba Blau Costa Verda All inclusive 17/03/14 two weeks

We buy cheap footwear for the beach and prefer either rubber flipflops or rubberized swim shoes. they wash out easily and we've found if you use cloth or canvas shoes on the beach, they stink after a few days.

As posted, do not buy cigars anywhere except a proper vendor. If they find unauthorized cigars in your luggage at customs when you depart, they will confiscate them. Always get a receipt at the cigar store and keep it in case they demand to see it at departure. Cigars vary greatly in price as well as in quality from cheap to crazy expensive. Cigar stores are like excursions and rum, most prices will be regulated and vary only slightly. If you find something cheap, it's a fake. Everyone has a friend who works at the cigar factory that has junk cigars.

It's usually best to pay for your excursion with a credit card, then you have a written receipt and can get a refund easier if it's cancelled.

Wear deet on your legs when walking the beach, esp early or late in the day. Sand fleas bite from the knees down and are very bad for some people.

No matter what you request in rooms by email, remember there is no guarantee and it will depend upon how busy they are.

Reply to: Cuba Blau Costa Verda All inclusive 17/03/14 two weeks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted