We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

silly question, riu turquesa

Woodstock, Canada
silly question, riu turquesa

I know you get a bottle of water a day per room, there Is 3 of us and we like to drink water a lot, when not drinking from the bar. Is there other bottled water or just from a tap if I was to ask for water from the bar or restaurant? is the tap water ok to drink?.

Also curious what age is the cutoff for children prices for excursions?

I know I had 1 more silly question but can not remember what it is!! but thanks I advance to all.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
reviews: 35
1. Re: silly question, riu turquesa

Do not drink the water from the tap. The tap water is OK for cleaning your teeth, but it is not recommended that you drink it. If you require extra water take your empty water bottle to a bar and they will fill it for you.

The cut off age for excursions is 12. If your child is 12 or over they are classed as adults as far as excursion prices go.

Halifax, Nova...
reviews: 3
2. Re: silly question, riu turquesa

Is there joining rooms?We are paying same price for our 14 year old as we are paying for ourselves so cant see why she cant have her own room?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
3. Re: silly question, riu turquesa

If she did have her own room then you would have to pay a single occupancy supplement for her. I would have thought that you would have received a small discount for a third adult occupying the room.

Halifax, Nova...
reviews: 3
4. Re: silly question, riu turquesa

It was a $20 savings not really worth talking about but I suppose it is a savings,away on vacation and a little privacy would be nice,also just wondering do they sell Corona at the little resort store?

Woodstock, Canada
5. Re: silly question, riu turquesa

Thanks Bellagio, Will it be filtered water from the bar?

YEs There is connecting rooms but from what I understand there is NO gaurantee to get one. can only request and hope? they also have family suites that are 2 rooms separated by a bathroom. they were actually a fair price. From what I understand. Heading there next week for me first visit.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
6. Re: silly question, riu turquesa

It is filtered water. It comes via the same dispenser that adds the cola, lemonade and orange.

Orillia, Canada
reviews: 28
7. Re: silly question, riu turquesa

We got adjoining rooms. There was a mix up but we got it. We were the 2nd group to check in and I don't know if we would have been guaranteed adjoining rooms otherwise. We did have a king ( that separated into 2 twins) plus a twin bed . Not all the rooms had this but I thought it would have been neat had my husband came and we brought our daughter. Don't drink tap water . The water from the bar is fine but you can also buy bottled water on the resort at gift shop for under a dollar if you want bottled. I didn't see Corona but wasn't watching for it .

New Brunswick...
reviews: 8
8. Re: silly question, riu turquesa

If you need an extra bottle of water - ask the maid and she will ask the guy that comes around to fill the fridge. We had no trouble getting 3 bottles every day - the fellow that fills the fridge is great - leave him a tip in the fridge!! :)

Edited: 10:10 am, December 28, 2013
Woodstock, Canada
9. Re: silly question, riu turquesa

ah Now I remember my other silly question.. Is there a chest of drawers /dresser to unpack the suitcase? from the pictures I see here I haven't seen one ?

Canada
reviews: 2
10. Re: silly question, riu turquesa

Anywhere that I've traveled I leave a note in the fridge with my request and a tip. Write the note in Spanish, as best you can. This has always worked for me.

Speak to the maid or the guy who restocks the fridge if you can, but sometimes I don't see them for a couple days. A note in the fridge is often a lot easier.