We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Luna y mares

Hamilton,On
Sol Luna y mares

anyone just come back from sol luna y mares? i went jan 7-14/05 and loved it! i miss it and am planning a return trip soon! just want to know who everyones stay there was...we had no water probs and the staff was beyond amazing. let me know how ur trip went, i wanna see how everyone down there is doing. made some great friends with the staff...esp the DJ

Essex
reviews: 2
1. Re: Sol Luna y mares

Hi,

We will be going there in April! Can you please tell me if the new entertainment centre between the 2 complexes is finished now or is there still building work going on?

Also any general info would be good! What were the a la carte restaurants like? Did you do any tours? What were the hotel run excursions like?

This will be our first time in Cuba!

Thanks!

Devon, UK
reviews: 2
2. Re: Sol Luna y mares

Carole - we were at the neighbouring hotel, and the building work was very much still in progress when we were there last week. But April is quite a while yet...

Montreal, Canada
3. Re: Sol Luna y mares

italigirl, I'll be there Feb.18th, will say hi for you if I meet up with your DJ friend. What area had the nicest beach front? Are there chairs or hammocks at the beach? Did you stay in the Luna section? Thanks!

Hamilton,On
4. Re: Sol Luna y mares

my room was on the mares but air transat have room on luna. if u want to move to mares side just ask, its not usually a problem. please say hi to Yasmel the DJ...not Adrian. thanks and tell them all i'll see them in May when i got back. there were no hammocks on the beach but the staff will bring a chair for you wherever you want it on the beach. mares side had the best beaches....the best in all of Cuba i hear. the sand is like powder and the water is very very blue and clear.

Montreal, Canada
5. Re: Sol Luna y mares

No prob! They have snorkeling equip. there? I just can't wait to leave! I'll let you know any news when I get back!

Hamilton,On
6. Re: Sol Luna y mares

they have snorkelling equipment you can borrow for a few hours each day at the cabin where you go to exchange your towel on the beach. there is a little reef right in front of the resort and also if you ask they will get a boat and bring you a little further. i did the catamaran cuesto del sol excursion and it was the most fun ive ever had! u have to ask to book with Jose and Jaime or you wont have as much fun. you start your trip at 2 in the afternoon....go for a little ride on the catamaran and then go to a reef. they give you a mini lesson if youve never gone before then everyone goes in the water together as a group. Jamie and Jose will feed the eels so everyone can get good pictures then they will feed the fish with sea urchin too. after an hour of snorkelling you go back on the boat for a ride through the waves and get splashed (very fun) and listen to music and dance until they bring you to the restaurant where you have lobster dinner. all for $69.00. if you go tell them Tania from Canada says hi....im sure they will remember me as they took my CD to listen to for the boat! have a great time!

nova scotia
reviews: 1
7. Re: Sol Luna y mares

do u have rio de luna e-mail address, we are leaving Feb. 25th....tks......sillis

Hamilton,On
8. Re: Sol Luna y mares

the email address is : sol.rio.luna.mares@solmeliacuba.com and the phone # is 53 24 30060

nova scotia
reviews: 1
9. Re: Sol Luna y mares

tks for e-mail address sillis