We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Have Lunch on Waiheke Island

Malibu, California
reviews: 7
Where to Have Lunch on Waiheke Island

My husband and I will be renting a car when we visit Waiheke Island as a day trip from Auckland. We are looking for a nice place to stop for lunch. I've looked at the menus at both Te Whau Vineyard and Mudbrick Winery, both of which I have read have spectacular views, food and ambience. The problem with both is that although the online menus look fabulous, it is just too much food for us at lunch time. We would prefer a lighter meal at lunch such as a salad, sandwich, fish, or wine pairing platter. Can you recommend a place for us for lunch that is a wonderful spot -- view, ambience, but not all day dining -- where we could stop along the way as we drive and explore the island. We will likely stop at Te Whau and Mudbrick as well as Stonyridge for tasting, but we need food, too. We're just looking for something light and tasty to hold us until we get back to Auckland at the end of the day for dinner.

Thanks for your suggestions.

1. Re: Where to Have Lunch on Waiheke Island

mudbrick and cable bay were both doing more casual lunches, out of their wine bar/potager areas, not sure if they still are, you could ph/email them.

wai kitchen in oneroa is a cafe which has scrummy food and a gorgeous view.

2. Re: Where to Have Lunch on Waiheke Island

...could also check out casita miro, & peacock sky

3. Re: Where to Have Lunch on Waiheke Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 15, 2013