We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking near esplanade fremantle

Which Fremantle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 20
parking near esplanade fremantle

hi everyone. i'm thinking of staying for one night at esplanade fremantle. however, i found out that they charge 25 aud for valet parking. are there any public carparks nearby that i can leave my vehicle for the night that cost less? thanks in advance

Perth, Australia
reviews: 29
1. Re: parking near esplanade fremantle

Dear Weiyang

Just down from the Esplanade - about 3 minutes walk is an open air carpark, however you will have to pay for it. Personally i would take the $25 option. $25 is cheap for Perth prices and is not a lot of money really when you consider how much you've spent getting here. Also it is more convennient & safer. Just think if the car gets broken into or vandalised parked outdoors you'll be up for the excess from the hire car. Somewhere in the range of $200-$500 depending on who you have hired from. All of a sudden that $25 dosen't seam so expensive does it.

chears

HowzatPerth

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
2. Re: parking near esplanade fremantle

I have to say I agree with Howzat- $25 for a safe, guaranteed space is good. Parking in Freo is tight at the best of times and I'm not sure I'd be game to leave a car out overnight in an open car park. Most of the public car parks are just a big open space which is not security patrolled or anything like that. There are a couple of multistorey car paks in Fremantle but they aren't exactly close to the Esplanade and I'm not sure if it is possible to park overnight there or if they are secure after hours.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 44
3. Re: parking near esplanade fremantle

$25 is the standard fee for hotel parking here. If you leave it out in the public carparks all night there is a distinct possibility it will get panels kicked, vomited on (or worse), spray painted or keyed purely because it is a hire car.

Pay the $25. In the bigger scheme of your trip cost, it is very little - a main course meal, 2 movie tickets, 6 coffees, a litre of fuel...

Melboune
reviews: 114
4. Re: parking near esplanade fremantle

I seem to be in the minority here, but when I stayed at the "Espie" last year, I parked down the street (no problem finding a place). The prices for parking in Freo is very "layered" - the further away you are from the centre of town, the cheaper it gets! So the rate per hour 3 mins away from the hotel (which is on the edge of town) is more than the rate per hour 5 mins away, and if you walk 7 or 8 mins (perhaps 10), there's no charge. Read the signs carefully - some of the charges only apply during the daytime, but in other locations there are charges during the evening as well.

-- G

Melboune
reviews: 114
5. Re: parking near esplanade fremantle

If you're driving around Freo, make sure you've got a map! Best to stay out of the centre of town. The Esplanade is not hard to get to if you're coming from Stirling, Canning or Leach Hwys - either way, turn left into Parry St then keep going as far as you can. At the roundabout at Marine Pde, it's one block up on your right.

-- G

enorthants england
reviews: 4
6. Re: parking near esplanade fremantle

hi we stayed here for 13 nights in march this year and our friends bargined with them and we got it for about 12 dollars a day may be it was because staying longer ,also worth a try

7. Re: parking near esplanade fremantle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, September 28, 2009