We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late october in lauterbrunnen

Which Lauterbrunnen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Crete, Greece
reviews: 37
Late october in lauterbrunnen

Hello!

I m visiting switzerland next week and I would like to make a one day trip in lauterbrunnen. However I have been told that late october isnt the best time to visit this region and many restaurants/hotels are closed. So shall I cancel the trip?The truth is that I would like very much to go. Do you thing I will find a place to have lunch, etc or I will be all alone up there??And what about the weather?

Thank you!

Little San Salvador...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Late october in lauterbrunnen

You won't be alone and you'll find a place to have lunch. Since it is a day trip from somewhere I wouldn't worry about what you hear.

No one can predict the weather for you. Ask at the tourist office before you go to the train station and buy your ticket.

Schindellegi...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Late october in lauterbrunnen

Webcams for Lauterbrunnen valley are availabe with some interactive functions. With that impressive "interactive 360° webcam" you can get weather info - and the function "Zeitraffer" (for time lapse selection at bottom of the screen) shows also how quickly weather can change in the Alps.

All at jungfrau.ch/en/…

Mumbai (Bombay...
3. Re: Late october in lauterbrunnen

I have the same question too...will the hotels be open open during this time of the year...i will be in lauterbrunnenn on 1st of november for 2 nights....is it worth going to the top of Europe if the weather isn't good?

Adelaide
reviews: 199
4. Re: Late october in lauterbrunnen

Much of Lauterbrunnen will be closed by November. We were there mid October last year and once the Oberland closed its doors, there were only two restaurants that we could find still open: Steinbock and Silberhorn.

It the weather isn't good there's no point in going up Jungfraujoch. It becomes a very expensive exercise to see the inside of a cloud.

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
reviews: 4
5. Re: Late october in lauterbrunnen

The Oberland is closing on October 20th this year and won't re-open until the 14th of December.

6. Re: Late october in lauterbrunnen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 18, 2014