We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Lauterbrunnen,

Which Lauterbrunnen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Central...
reviews: 5
Travelling to Lauterbrunnen,

Hi there, traveling to Switzerland for the first time this October, only staying 3 days and 2 nights. Due to the short stay and after some research have decided to go and visit Lauterbrunnen.

However I'm still stuck on transportation, basically I can't figure out the best way to get from Ibiza to Lauterbrunnen (which city to fly into Switzerland), and then from Lauterbrunnen to Romania (Bucharest) . Can someone please help me out?

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Travelling to Lauterbrunnen,

Most flights from Ibiza go to Barcelona were you could then fly to Geneva and train onward to Lauterbrunen.

The fastest train(s) from Barcelona Estacion de Franca  station to Lauterbrunnen Is over 14 hours with 6 changes.

The fastest train(s) from Lauterbrunnen to Bucharesti Nord Gara A station is nearly 30 hours with 4 changes.

Edited: 2:39 pm, April 22, 2012
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
2. Re: Travelling to Lauterbrunnen,

If I were trying to attempt this itinerary I think I would allow more than a few days...

There are flights from mallorca to Switzerland. Also from Barcelona.

Best t fly into Zürich if you can. Then take the train to Lauterbrunnen.

Fly from ZRH to Romania...

Auckland Central...
3. Re: Travelling to Lauterbrunnen,

Thanks, so the easiest city to travel to Lauterbrunnen is Geneva or Zurich? or Basel cause Easyjet flys there from Ibiza.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
4. Re: Travelling to Lauterbrunnen,

Makes little difference.

From Zürich and Basel you go via Bern to Interlaken Ost. Change there for Lauterbrunnen.

From Geneva go to Bern and change there as above.

Slightly shorter from Zürich and Basel but there really isn't a lot in it.

Auckland Central...
5. Re: Travelling to Lauterbrunnen,

Where will I be able to find information about trains from Basel to Lauterbrunnen?

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
6. Re: Travelling to Lauterbrunnen,

use the wiss Federal railways site and you will get all the train times, connections AND platform numbes!

www.sbb.ch/en

And the Basel station you need is "Basel SBB" (there are two main stations in Basel, SBB is for most swiss and French trains. Bädischer Bahnhof is on the other side of the Rhine and is mostly for trains to Germany.

Auckland Central...
7. Re: Travelling to Lauterbrunnen,

That site is great, thanks for your help. We have booked in the the Valley hostel. We are going to try and do the Jungfraujoch day trip, What will the weather be like during early October?

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
8. Re: Travelling to Lauterbrunnen,

Hard to say since our weather changes day to day BUT generally, early October in the mountains is spectacular! Warm sunny days and cool nights. A lovely time to be there. Of course it could also be wet - and can snow... but normally Sept to mid October is a beautiful time of year...

Auckland Central...
9. Re: Travelling to Lauterbrunnen,

Well sounds great, have a little trouble looking at ways to travel up to Jungfraujoch, could you recommend a tour company leaving from Lauterbrunnen? Cause a lot of them depart from Bern or Interlaken?

California, USA
10. Re: Travelling to Lauterbrunnen,

No need for tour - you can easily do this on your own - just ask at the station - you'll be going up to Wengen, on to kliene schidegg and up the Jungfrau. Be sure to check the weather before deciding on going for it. They say the earlier the better - before the clouds come in. Have fun!

Get answers to your questions about Lauterbrunnen