We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lauterbrunnen in April. pls help.

Which Lauterbrunnen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jamshedpur, India
reviews: 12
Lauterbrunnen in April. pls help.

I have been to many sites and details but couldn't find the exact details of what Lauterbrunnen would be like in April . Pls help.

Can anybody tell how it would be there around April 15th and would there be enough greenery around which looks like real beauty of Lauterbrunnen ? We also hope that the waterfalls are there at the time. (Is there any site which may show us photographs of Lauterbrunnen in April?)

Pls help as we have already planned to reach there on 14th April 2012. Hope we are not going to feel like lost at the time.

Thanks.

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
reviews: 4
1. Re: Lauterbrunnen in April. pls help.

Unfortunately it will all depend on the weather.That time of year is the tail end of the ski season. If the winter has been relatively mild and spring arrives early you may see green meadows and a few flowers popping up. However if winter hangs on longer things could be gray and some snow remaining. Some of the waterfalls should be active but not quite as much as later when things up higher really start melting.

Middle England
reviews: 82
2. Re: Lauterbrunnen in April. pls help.

There's quite a chance of snow actually falling in April as well, winter is getting later each year. It's started really late this year, so we don't know if it will be relatively mild or will just extend into April more.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 132
3. Re: Lauterbrunnen in April. pls help.

Lauterbrunnen is around 800m high. Normally at that level after March there is no snow left. But there can be in shady areas and the Lauterbrunnen valley is very steep so the amount of spring sun parts of it get is limited.

I certainly would not expect to see rolling green meadows full of flowers quite that early but I would expect to see some flowers - daffodils for exampkle - blooming. Those would be in peoples' gardens!

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
4. Re: Lauterbrunnen in April. pls help.

Hi Varun k,

Your travel date is fixed and unalterable - yet you can rest assured that Swiss valleys/mountains will unlike Indian ones in the hot summertime,and that the scenery in and around Lauterbrunnen will be wonderful - be it residual snow or early spring flora.

So,have fun.

arvind

Jamshedpur, India
5. Re: Lauterbrunnen in April. pls help.

Thanks Hambagahle for the helping informations. It's so nice of u helping others with your good knowledge about places.

And Arvind, My dates have been shifted to May 1rst week due to delay in my passport making. So, any help is still welcome. Thanks.

Jamshedpur, India
6. Re: Lauterbrunnen in April. pls help.

Thanks skitandoori for your live comments and information. We have also shifted dates to 1rst week of may due to some reasons. So, hope that weather is better then

Mumbai (Bombay...
7. Re: Lauterbrunnen in April. pls help.

i plan to visit swiss in 2nd week of april, where should i make my base? so that i can enjoy the beauty as well as make it convinient for travelling. i am in swiss for 5 days. also if someone could tell me how would the climate there be. would i be able to enjoy ( am on my honeymoon)

Have heard that interlaken is too commercial and there are much more beatiful places to stay. kindly suggest

8. Re: Lauterbrunnen in April. pls help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 17, 2013