We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of food in Riga.

Which Riga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 16
Cost of food in Riga.

Will be travelling from Riga to Stockholm on Silja line I would like to know if it is necessary to book a meal onboard or if food in Riga is cheap. If food is cheap I'll take groceries on board the ship to eat for the eveing meal. All that I am interested in on the ship is sleeping abnd the view on arrival in Stockholm. I'm on a tight budget and since Stockholm will be expenisve I thougth I can save a little by doing this. Please advise. Thansk.

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
reviews: 22
1. Re: Cost of food in Riga.

Food in Riga is cheap and without knowing prices on the

ferry I guess its cheaper in Riga.

Go for one of the Lido restaurants to get a cheap but good meal.

Riga, Latvia
reviews: 7
2. Re: Cost of food in Riga.

I would certainly purchase the food in Riga and take it to the ferry to have it in the cabin. The meal on the ferry is very expensive (I have heard it`s not worth the money). You have different options for buying food in Riga, depends for what you are looking for - warm meal or just some snacks; as EastwoodDK has suggested, one option is Lido.

buseurope.eu
3. Re: Cost of food in Riga.

If you are on a tight budget, I would recommend buying food either in the Central Market if time allows, or just go to large grocery store like Rimi or Maxima: you'll be able to buy snacks such as sandwiches,wraps, pastries, fruits,salads etc there, and there is a possibility to buy warm meals as well ( prepared in the store)- I think it'll be cheaper then Lido.

San Francisco...
reviews: 16
4. Re: Cost of food in Riga.

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g274967-d94…

Is this the restaurant EastwoodDK is sugesting?

Thanks.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
reviews: 100
5. Re: Cost of food in Riga.

Lido is a chain -- there are several of them in town. In the larger ones you pay by the plate so you can try several different items; in the smaller ones it is cafeteria style. The food is tasty and fresh, and I thought they were very inexpensive. I don't know if they will box a meal for you to take with you on board, though.

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
reviews: 22
6. Re: Cost of food in Riga.

Yes it is one of the restaurants in Lido chain, this is

very central in Old Town. Others can be found here:

www.lido.lv/eng/companies/catering_companies/

As 222Trip write they wish to eat in Riga and sleep at the

ferry, so no need for "Take away"

7. Re: Cost of food in Riga.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 09, 2014