We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from riga coach station

Which Riga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 1
taxi from riga coach station

I will be arriviving at riga coach station at around 11.15 PM. I'm planning to stay at Radisson Elizabette Hotel, which is around 1 KM from the coach station. Is it safe to walk from riga coach station to the hotel at night? If not, is there taxi stand at the station? Is it safe to use the taxis near the coach station? Thanks.

Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
reviews: 19
1. Re: taxi from riga coach station

Under normal conditions it is safe to walk that route even its late.

I would go via Merkela and then Kristjana Barona.

Actually it could be more risky with taxis from there, mostly you would

have to pay overprice (rip-off) for the trip. But there are reports about

more serious crime also - so if you need a taxi, advice is only the red or

the green Air Baltic taxis. More info about taxis in this forum.

Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 1
2. Re: taxi from riga coach station

Thank you for your reply. I just checked that the Lux bus stops at Radisson Latvija, which is 350m from Radisson Elizabette. I think I am just gonna opt for the Lux bus to be safer. I will also check more info about the taxis in this forum. Thanks.

3. Re: taxi from riga coach station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Riga