We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World rowing championships

Which Vilnius hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow, Scotland
reviews: 77
World rowing championships

Just found out my neice is rowing in World under 23 championships in Trakai and we are coming to support her. Know absolutely nothing about Lithuania but would like to make the most of our visit and not miss anything. Looking for advice on whether to hire a car or just use public transport. We will be travelling every day from Vilnius to Trakai to watch rowing but have a couple of extra days for sightseeing etc. Any advice welcome.

LT
1. Re: World rowing championships

"...Looking for advice on whether to hire a car or just use public transport..."

Their website says "Accommodation proposals include free of charge transportation cards and special offers for Championships tickets". Those tickets should be most reasonable thing. Distance is not big but traffic jams may be heavy and buses may be full. Trains may be not full but they are less frequent than buses.

glasgow, Scotland
2. Re: World rowing championships

Which web site was that? I have checked the world rowing website and couldn't find that link.

LT
3. Re: World rowing championships

http://trakai2012.com/visitors

Oslo, Norway
4. Re: World rowing championships

Hello

I was recently in Vilnius and Trakai and didnt know anything about Lithuania before going there. I found a very good website, www.nbtours.com.

They arranged everything for me and my family including pickup in the airport, helping with which hotel to stay in and restaurant etc.

Now I cant wait to go back to Vilnius and trakai for another stay.

Good luck to your niece in the championship :-)

glasgow, Scotland
5. Re: World rowing championships

thank you so much for all your help. Hopefully we will come home with a gold medal.

6. Re: World rowing championships

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, June 30, 2013