We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Box lunch" in Vilnius

Which Vilnius hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, North...
reviews: 29
"Box lunch" in Vilnius

Is there any place in Vilnius which sells a "box lunch," meaning a prepacked lunch with salad and/or bread and cheese(maybe meat) or something like with with some other small foods. We need to buy 10 of these to have ready for a travelling group which doe snot have time to sit down for a meal. Thank you

LT
1. Re: "Box lunch" in Vilnius

If i understand you correctly, you're talking about prepacked lunch, prepacked salad and prepacked dairy products? Available at any grocery store (more at larger ones). Though if you're going to travel you have either to eat everything in several hours (dairy products in ~1 hour), or to have a fridge to keep them in. Or buy specifically imported ones (not locally made), they are all sterilized and stuffed with "synthetics", i think they never spoil. I mean, it was +25C today, it's impssible to keep such food unspoiled during the trip, even during 1 day, probably.

Lithuanians also are traveling and also often do not have time to sit down for a meal. Dark bread, smoked sausage, "skilandis" - this is the food which doesn't spoil and remains fresh, edible and filling. No need to eat much.

Instead of salad it's better to buy apples, oranges, cucumbers etc (fruits and vegetables), they do not spoil rather long time too, you just have to wash them (eg apples and cucumbers).

I mean, I do not intend to teach you, all that salad and other prepacked food is ok if you eat it, say, within 1 hour (especially given that heat like today), but for longer trip (or expedition) it's better to prepare more essentially. So if you're traveling by car and have a fridge inside, it's everything ok, prepacked lunch available at any larger supermarket, and if you don't have where to keep it in the cold - rely on traditional lithuanian products suitable for travels.

2. Re: "Box lunch" in Vilnius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 pm, June 18, 2013