We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best weekend hotel in Vilnius?

Which Vilnius hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockholm
reviews: 30
Best weekend hotel in Vilnius?

We are thinking of visiting Vilnius in July and have been looking at Ramada and Grotthus for the stay. Sny differencies in location? Both hotel offers great weekend packages

* Ramada

http://www.ramadavilnius.lt/se/?pid=86&id=16

*Grotthus

www.grotthusshotel.com/index.php…

I find the last offer most tempting.

As for transfers, how easy is it to get to the hotel from the airport? Taxis only?

What is the must-sees in Vilnius? Is July a good month to visit? (which I guess as I am from Sweden)

Prices for a dinner at a good restaurant out incl some beers?

Lithuania
reviews: 42
1. Re: Best weekend hotel in Vilnius?

Personally, I find Ramada's location a tad better, which is not to say that Grotthus's is bad! It's just that Grotthus is in a small side street whereas Ramada is out in the open as it were.

As both are situated in the old town, there's no public transportation in the immediate vicinity, unless you want multiple and complicated bus changes (I wouldn't recommend it). You could, however, take Bus N1 to the station and try walking (7-8 minutes) - again, that is not a good option if traveling with luggage.

July is a very good month to visit. Regarding the must-sees, any tourist website will give you enough info on that.

A good dinner with "some beers" will at any rate cost you about one third of what the same costs you in Sweden, so there!

Stockholm
reviews: 30
2. Re: Best weekend hotel in Vilnius?

Thank you for your answers!! I guess we grab a taxi instead and hope not to be cheated about the price. Perhaps the chosen hotel can help us with that.

Both hotels looks nice but Grotthus offers more extras in their package so I'm considering to make my booking there.

3. Re: Best weekend hotel in Vilnius?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, June 16, 2013