We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B or hotel in Vilnius for grandma ;)

Which Vilnius hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warsaw, Poland
reviews: 3
B&B or hotel in Vilnius for grandma ;)

Looking for B&B, hotel or guest house in Vilnius that will be good for my grandma. She's in her 70s and need guite place, close to most tourist attractions of the city. Also, it would be great if there would be a bus stop near the hotel (or B&B, guest house and so on), with buses going to and from other districts. Do you know such place? What would be the approximate price?

Thank you :)

S.E. USA
reviews: 2
1. Re: B&B or hotel in Vilnius for grandma ;)

There are a number of choices. The B&B I like is Domus Maria. It is in the middle of the tourist atractions - - actually right next to the major shrine in Vinius (the Black Madonna). But it is still quite, especially if you ask for a room away from the street. There are about seven historic churches within walking distance and it is just a couple of blocks from the Town Hall square, which is more or less the middle of Old Town. The downside is that it is very simple and the rooms are on the small side. But it is very clean and orderly and the staff is very helpful. Two different friends of ours who are very familiar with Vilnius and its hotels always stay there, largely because it is the best value in terms of price, orderliness and competency. If you wanted to go more upscale, I would recommend the Barbacan Palace Hotel which is about four blocks from the Domus Maria. I stayed there for three months on one occasion and on and off since then. The staff is very professional and not intrusive. The hotel is in a quiet location. The prices are creeping up, however, as they are all over the city.

Chisinau
2. Re: B&B or hotel in Vilnius for grandma ;)

I was looking for cheap hotels in Vilnius and found this page on Google. There are posted hotels with less than 50 euro/night rates.

2009vilnius.com/cheap-hotel-vilnius-discount…

3. Re: B&B or hotel in Vilnius for grandma ;)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, October 03, 2009