We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to eat

Which Vilnius hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
reviews: 1
where to eat

Hi,

I'm going to be in Vilnius in August and I was looking for good and safe places to eat. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks,

Catnj

vilnius
1. Re: where to eat

Yes, in Vilnius I can recomend you good and safe places to eat and drink and dance! So, first - restaurante G Lounge (good food), Didzioji str., good place where to stay - hotel Europa City ,Jasinskio str. 14,( good breakfast and staff), and good place to dance - night club Brodvejus (lithuanian style).

Edmund

+37069973983

opera@hoteleuropa.lt

as
2. Re: where to eat

if you are gonna be in vilnius, dont worry about finding safe and good places to eat there. there are so many good places to eat and they are everywhere you go. by the way try CILI PICA. they have the best pizza ever

Beverly Shores...
reviews: 23
3. Re: where to eat

When you get to Vilnius, get a copy of Vilnius in Your Pocket. You will find everything in this great guide--food, clubs, bars, attractions, phone numbers, maps, etc. Take your pick and ask your front desk people if you made the right selection. If in Old Town, then try LOKYS on Stikliu for dinner, Chili Kaimas on Vokieciu for lunch. Drinks and great time at Brodvejus, just off of Vokieciu--Mesininku, I think.

Anyway--get VILNIUS IN YOUR POCKET and you will be a real expert on stuff in Vilnius.

John R.

Vilnius (Pilaite)
reviews: 4
4. Re: where to eat

If you want to try Lithuanian food, it's delicious and usually pretty cheap. There are several restaurants specializing in Lithuanian food in the old town that have bilingual (Lithuanian-English) menus.

For example, Cili Kaimas (one is on Vokeciu g., near the City Hall, one is on Gedemino p. up the street from the Cathedral, more or less across the street from the central post office). There is also Forto Dvaras (on Pilies g., just a short walk up from the Cathedral).

There is also another great restuarant on Vokeciu g. (near City Hall), which is Zemaiciu kiemas (that means Samogitian courtyard). It has both a courtyard entrance and an entrance from the street (next to the French restaurant "Provence.") It specializes in food from North-Eastern Lithuania.

Also very cheap and very delicious are two buffet-style chains. There, you choose your food like at a cafeteria, but the atmosphere is very charming, like being in a village, complete with water mills (yes, with real water). These chains are called "Del Anno" and "Pronto." They can be found at Akropolis, at the Europa shopping mall, and also on Gedimino p. (closer to Parliament than to the Cathedral).

But I agree with the previous posts, that you don't have to worry about where it's "safe" to eat, Lithuania has the same EU rules as the rest of Europe.

5. Re: where to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:13 am, June 20, 2005