We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport

Which Kaunas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Airport

Hello

looking at flights to Kaunas, and see that they land late in the evening. what are the options on travelling away from the airport so late. thanks

LT
1. Re: Airport

http://www.kaunasair.lt

Open. Click "in english".

Click "To and from". Choose "Bus to/from Kaunas".

Read.

Other options - click "To and from" and choose either "driving by car" or "Taxi". Then read.

Kaunas, Lithuania
reviews: 1
2. Re: Airport

Besides Taxi and kaunasair shuttle

you can check

www.marsrutai.info/kaunas/…

for bus 29 and 29E

which goes via very center of Kaunas( so any hotel would be extra 5 - 15 min to walk to). Trip from Air port to the center can tak 40 - 60 min depending on the timeyou arrive.

It is said that the last bus leave according the plana landing, so you should catch the bus for shure.

Liverpool England
reviews: 131
3. Re: Airport

The 29 bus meets the planes, we arrived 10 pm and caught the airport bus, buy a 1.80 lt ticket from the kiosk /sweetshop near the exit door, or pay 2lts on bus.

Manchester
reviews: 13
4. Re: Airport

How long is rthe bus journey into town?

I'm going on 17th Feb and my flight lands at 21.05/

Liverpool England
5. Re: Airport

The journey takes about 30 to 40 minutes. Its a modern bus with a display for stops and verbal announcement but its not in English. We got in about the same time as you and were the last out and missed the first bus, we got a bit worried as there were no others about except local people working or getting cars to pick them up, but eventually after about 30 mins the next bus arrived.

Its really quite easy, most younger lithuanians speak some english, they are a bit reserved but will help you if you ask, we found everyone polite and helpful.

If you get the bus try and check what street your Hotel is near for the Bus Stop, we stayed in the Best Western in the Old Town, its all walkable and felt safer than most English Towns late on. Check our posts on restraunts etc, we had never been here before but really liked it and its verey good value for Brits.

Liverpool England
6. Re: Airport

PS if you did miss the bus theres plenty of taxis outside the terminal ,all marked Taxi, the Airports not unlike Liverpool John Lennon. everyting is fairly modern.But try the bus first its very cheap, I think 2lts is about 50p?

Manchester
reviews: 13
7. Re: Airport

Thanks for the info.

According to the BBC webiste it's going to be -23c tonight. I hope the buses are heated!!

LT
8. Re: Airport

"....According to the BBC webiste it's going to be -23c tonight...."

According to my thermometer it was -26C this morning :D . The city trolley was not heated . But not to worry. There should be some -33C soon ;) .

Vilnius, Lithuania
reviews: 25
9. Re: Airport

on 17th Feb it will hopefully be much warmer. -33C will probably be tomorrow night, but next week it will not be as cold already. Right now on GisMeteo website it says that on 16 Feb there will only be -1C: http://www.gismeteo.lt/city/weekly/4230/

Sale
reviews: 124
10. Re: Airport

Nearly a heatwave!!