We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in the Baltics

Zaporizhzhya...
reviews: 44
First time in the Baltics

Hello all,

Can you help me with some questions?

I'm arriving in Vilnius airport in the morning, going to take a bus #1 to bus station and then walk to Grata Hotel (~30 min).

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274951-d284918…

Or it's much longer distance and i need to take any bus from bus station to hotel?

I will have 3.5 days and planning to visit Trakai or/and Kaunas also. Are 3.5 days enough to see the main attractions of these 3 cities? And is it worth to visit Trakai and Kaunas?

Thanks

Edited: 8:49 am, October 08, 2013
LT
1. Re: First time in the Baltics

You don't need to go to bus station, it is away from Grata. You have to take either a bus No 3G or No 88. They don't turn to the bus station but go directly towards centre instead, you have to get off rather soon, the stop name is "Taraso Ševčenkos [stotelė]" - stops.lt/vilnius/#expressbus/3g/b-a/2613/map . Location of Grata you can detect on their website, there is an interactive map, you can see all needful context - gratahotel.com/en/…contacts-maps .

If you missed the stop - get off at the next, it's not far, then walk back. And the hotel is slightly away from the street where the bus runs, so you'll need to walk a bit (~2 minutes) in any case.

Hotel from the bus station is far if to go by foot.

Zaporizhzhya...
2. Re: First time in the Baltics

thank you!

looks like just 4 stops from airport, if i understand correctly? Does driver announce stops or i shall ask people? :)

LT
3. Re: First time in the Baltics

4th stop if you go by No 3G and 7th stop if you go by No 88 (this bus stops at every stop, and the No 3G is an "express", it skips some stops). Driver doesn't announce, announcement is recorded, but sometimes it's rather silent and the noise is high :). There also usually is an electronic tableau, so you can read. Ask people if and when you need, if they know the answer they will answer.

Don't get off thru the front door, other doors are for that. Buy ticket directly from the driver (and then validate it, there are red mechanical punches and yellow or brown electromechanical punches for paper tickets; other yellow punches are for cards, you can't insert the ticket, so they are not for paper tickets). There are no tickets at kiosks anymore, only from driver. Can by few more, then won't need to buy them every time. Price of 1 is 3.5 LTL.

Zaporizhzhya...
4. Re: First time in the Baltics

Wow, that's so detailed! Thanks a lot! :)

5. Re: First time in the Baltics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 11, 2014