We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage in Bratislava

Which Bratislava hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuwait
reviews: 146
Luggage storage in Bratislava

We are doing a 15day trip from Munich -Salzburg-Vienna-Budapest-Prague

We are very interested in visiting Bratislava, I wanted to know whether

1) Should we do a day trip from Vienna to Bratislava while we are in Vienna or

2) When we are going from Vienna to Budapest, we break our journey and go from Vienna to Bratislava ( spend a few hrs there) and then proceed to Budapest

If we take the second option is there a luggage storage at Bratislava station ?

Any advice would be most helpful

10 replies to this topic
Belgrade, Serbia
Destination Expert
for Bratislava
1. Re: Luggage storage in Bratislava

There are luggage lockers at both stations...

I think option one is better - cheaper and more convenient. Return train ticket Vienna to Bratislava is about 14 euro...

Takasaki, Japan
reviews: 3
2. Re: Luggage storage in Bratislava

Stacy, what did you end up doing? I have a similar choice as you for my upcoming trip in March. I'm not sure whether to spend a night in Bratislava on the way to Budapest and beyond from Vienna, or simply store our luggage and spend some hours there on the way to Budapest. We could also do a day trip from Vienna, or skip Bratislava entirely. Which option did you choose, and what did you think of it?

Kuwait
reviews: 146
3. Re: Luggage storage in Bratislava

Did a day trip from Vienna took an early morning train 7am n spent the whole day at Bratislava , returned back to Vienna late evening ...its the most feasible ..ticket just 14 Euros ...

Enjoy the Slovak food .... Budapest is mind blowing u will LOVE the place ..dont miss on the nightlife

Have fun

London, United...
reviews: 449
4. Re: Luggage storage in Bratislava

I would recommend spending sometime in Bratislava. If you plan to stay in Vienna, you can do easily a day trip. A few hours are not sufficient, I think.

If you decide to stop over for a few hours, you can leave your luggage. I think 2 Euro per item at the central station in Bratislava.

Manila, Philippines
5. Re: Luggage storage in Bratislava

Hi, i am planning to visit Bratislava for a day trip but i will be coming from Budapest on my way to Vienna, but i have a bike bag with me since i will be coming from a triathlon race in Budapest. Can i leave an oversized luggage in the storage locker at the Bratislava train station while we tour Bratislava for the day? Since it will probably not fit in a regular sized locker, do they have the facility for that?

Bratislava, Slovakia
Destination Expert
for Bratislava
reviews: 92
6. Re: Luggage storage in Bratislava

Not in the locker, but you can leave the bag in the manned luggage storage.

Manila, Philippines
7. Re: Luggage storage in Bratislava

Thank you very much.

Edited: 8:06 am, June 09, 2014
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
8. Re: Luggage storage in Bratislava

Note the closing hours in the luggage storage (úschovňa) - they might be earlier than you might expect, I know that the one in the bus station closes at 1800.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Destination Expert
for Bratislava
reviews: 92
9. Re: Luggage storage in Bratislava

At the train station it is better, luggage storage is open from 5:30am till 11:30pm (lunch break 12:00-12:30).

Manila, Philippines
10. Re: Luggage storage in Bratislava

Thanks for the help.

Reply to: Luggage storage in Bratislava
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bratislava