We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladies alone

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
U.K.
Ladies alone

Hi My friend and l are going to Budapest next week, we are both fun loving late 40,s not really in to latest night clubs but would like to go to a couple of pubs with music or some kind of atmosphere, also any suggestions for food? Not to formal or stuffy, but great food and atmosphere. Any tips or advise would be great. Many thanks. x

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 26
1. Re: Ladies alone

Old Man's Music Pub

Bath, UK
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
reviews: 38
2. Re: Ladies alone

Apart from the Gundel, which I believe still insists on jackets for men, 99% of Budapest restaurants are unstuffy, and many have a great amosphere. My spies on the ground tell me that Cafe Kor and Tom and George are the best places to eat at present. You will need to book.

Smart casual will do the trick, just like a nice restaurant in your home town.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
reviews: 6
3. Re: Ladies alone

I'd like to second the Cafe Kor. While I think I've seen some men wearing ties there, that hasn't been the majority. On booking - yes definitely if you are planning on eating around 8 or later. My friend and I tend to start early and end early, so often eat around 7. If you think that you'll be finished with dinner by 8 (and going on to a pub, for instance), then you may not need to.

4. Re: Ladies alone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, August 26, 2009