We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Between Christmas & New Year

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Between Christmas & New Year

Dear All

Would you advise to come to Budapest for a short break between Christmas and New Year, or not?

Will things be open to visit? Will all facilities be open i.e. restaurants etc.

Many Thanks

Tracie

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 25
1. Re: Between Christmas & New Year

Things will be closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the Day after Christmas. Additionally, things will be closed on New Years Eve and New Years Day. Even supermarkets will be closed all of these times except they will be open until 4:00 on Xmas Eve and NYE. In addition, most tourist spots are closed on Monday. Otherwise I would expect most things to be open as usual.

London, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Between Christmas & New Year

try Svailati@tiscali.it she lives there and can give you lots of information.

Budapest, Hungary
reviews: 2
3. Re: Between Christmas & New Year

Dear Tracie

If you are not a freezing one, yes! If there will be snow its particularly nice! Hope there will be!

Sorry, but a lot of places will be frozen - so, you will be unable to visit :) .

No, hopefully there will be open a lot of things, but there will be also places closed as people like to go on holiday those days - but touristy places are open just for you guests! You will find a lot of restaurants open, sure, and touristic places (museums, shops, "places of amusement", etc.)

So, its advised by me :) !

www.ancsika.ws

4. Re: Between Christmas & New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 26, 2009