We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 nights in Budapest Vienna Prague

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 1
9 nights in Budapest Vienna Prague

Hello all,

We plan to visit Budapest, Vienna, Prague [in that order - 9 nights] in May end. I am seeking your opinion on the following to make my trip memorable. Thanks for all your valuable inputs in advance!

1. How many days in each place?

2. Which are Ideal locations to stay in each of these places?

3. What is the best way to travel from Budapest to Vienna and Vienna to Prague?

4. Is a day trip to Szentendre recommended? maybe for lunch and take the boat back?

5. Is any other cruise recommended?

6. How best can I fit in Bratislava when I travel from Budapest to Vienna?

Hoping to get some advice!

Thanks!

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 68
1. Re: 9 nights in Budapest Vienna Prague

How many days in each place?

Frankly, considering travel times I would say 3 days each although you will find you may need more time in Budapest and Vienna.

2. Which are Ideal locations to stay in each of these places?

Hard to say, in Budapest I have stayed in the Palazzo Zichy hotel which is very highly ranked in Budapest on TA.. In Vienna we rented an apartment, and in Prague we stayed at the Chopin Hotel which turned out to be across from the train station. There was no noise from the train and you could walk to the town square.

We traveled by train from Prague to Vienna to avoid having to change planes in Germany. We also traveled by train (3 hours) between Vienna and Budapest.

4. Is a day trip to Szentendre recommended? maybe for lunch and take the boat back?

If you take the city train it is quicker than the boat. Have lunch at a restaurant called Aranasakany. That may be spelled wrong but if you look on TA for restaurants in Szentendre it is #1.

5. Is any other cruise recommended?

In Budapest the night time cruise (not dinner) offered by Legenda is a very nice and reasonable priced cruise.

Others will no doubt post with much more information.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
2. Re: 9 nights in Budapest Vienna Prague

This must be the #1 question on all three forums!

Budapest - Vienna train only - europetrainsguide.com/Advice/How-to-Buy-Trai… from €13. There is a bus option but the train wins on this one.

Vienna - Prague bus - www.studentagency.eu €18 or www.westbus.at/en €19 or the slowest and least comfortable train www.oebb.at/en from €29

3. Re: 9 nights in Budapest Vienna Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 04, 2015