We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shops

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
reviews: 2
Shops

I will be in Budapest next week and wondering if someone can explain what kind of shopping is on Vaci Utca and Andrassy Ave. Also, will these shops be open on December 31 ( New Year's Eve?)

Is there anything open New Year's Day - shopping/restaurants/bars? Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
luton
reviews: 154
1. Re: Shops

vaci utca on the whole is full of touristy souvenir type shops, its not a fantastic shopping destination but there are some nice bits

andrassy is a lot more classy and upscale

sorry but for opening times you will need a local

for an authentic taste of Budapest maybe try the great market hall

cheers tony

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 144
2. Re: Shops

Hello klc948

When you shop Vaci think (The Domain) when you are on Andrassy think (South Congress SOCO) There are no big chains or department stores here. Andrassy avenue is lined with major labels and boutiques, and cozy eateries that are a world away from the more big-box and smaller independent private label outlets along Vaci. Think H&M vs. Louis Vuitton, or Armani.

I believe the shopping stores will all be closed January 1 since it is a holiday but many restaurants will be open as almost all the hotel restaurants are sure to be too so finding a solid meal should not be an issue.

This link may be of use to you look toward the bottom of the page budapest-discovery-guide.com/new-years-eve-i…

Best

SEBESZ

Edited: 3:20 am, December 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
reviews: 2
3. Re: Shops

Great comparison!! Thank you!!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 144
4. Re: Shops

@klc948

Good I was hoping that would make sense :)

Enjoy your trip

SEBESZ

Reply to: Shops
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted