We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with Budapest Budget Please!!

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
reviews: 2
Need help with Budapest Budget Please!!

Hi I'm going to Budapest with some friends in two weeks. We have budgeted $40 a day for expenses after paying for our hotel. Is that enough? Thanks!

Bristol, United...
1. Re: Need help with Budapest Budget Please!!

hi,

well, thats around 8600HUF. if you dont plan on shopping, and things like that, i think its enought for eating, drinking. you can have 2 meals from that in a normal restaurant, but it wont be enought if you plan on going to the amusement park or things like that. :) so it depends on what you plan to do. :)

s-tee

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 25
2. Re: Need help with Budapest Budget Please!!

If one of the following is true you'll have no problem making it on $40 a day:

1) A good breakfast is included in the hotel price negating the need for a solid lunch

2) You don't plan on doing much drinking

3) you are willing to eat in the food courts of the malls (WestEnd or Mamut) for at least half of your meals

When I brought my family I planned on $10 a day admission prices, $10 a day for lunch and $15 a day for dinner as well as $3 per beer and $5 per mixed drink and $25 for a week pass on the trains. I think we stayed well within that budget for a 5 day trip but we had a very nourishing breakfast at the hotel. I still think we would have hit that budget had we not had much of a breakfast and we never ate in the mall food court. There is a outdoors bar district in Budapest near Vaci Ut. where all the bars have cheap drinks as it is very university friendly, but I can't remember the street. If you want to party on a budget I would recommend finding that area as the drinks are all around $3 with beer being cheaper. If you find your budget getting tight, just go to the mall food courts where you can eat tolerable food for $5 a meal.

Italy
reviews: 2
3. Re: Need help with Budapest Budget Please!!

You can easily eat well for $10-15 especially at the lower-brow places. We just came back Sunday and ate really well for relatively little money. I can recommend the two turkish places on the main road leading to Marhithid Bridge (Pest side) I think the street's called Terez Korut and both places are on the south side of the street on the same block. There's also a good Hungarian place in the 7th district that is only open for lunch tues-sat called Kadar Etkezde at Klauzal ter 9 where for $12.50 we had two bowls soup, two entrees, 1 drink, plus bread and seltzer from the table.

If you're careful, you can do it.

4. Re: Need help with Budapest Budget Please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 16, 2009