We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Budapest to Prague

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 20
Train Budapest to Prague

I am getting conflicting info oh whether to buy one way tickets Budapest to Prague online or just the day of departure.

Many say much less expensive day of departure. 5/20 in the morning would be our day of departure

ALso getting completely different train schedules

Help Thanks

22 replies to this topic
Rio de Janeiro...
21. Re: Train Budapest to Prague

Thanks, GCEK. I hope one day I can help you about Rio de Janeiro as much as you help others.

Happy new year.

Old Saybrook...
reviews: 9
22. Re: Train Budapest to Prague

Hello GCEK,

Your posts have been very helpful. We will be arriving in Budapest June 22 on a Viking River Cruise. We plan to take a train from Budapest to Prague on June 23. The cruise ship will dock on the Pest side between the Elizabeth and Chain Bridges. We decided to take a train via Hungarian Railways (MAV) website.

My questions is relate to where to find the actual train station.

1) Is there more than one location in Budapest and

2) how far from the Viking Cruise is it if we are on the Pest side?

3) Also, looks like there are 2 locations in Prague that we can arrive at: A) Praha hl. n. or B) Praha-Holesovice. Not sure where these are in Prague. We are staying at The Lokál Inn situated in the historic district of Malá Strana, near the Charles River Bridge in Prague.

4) I assume that we would take a departure from Budapest that says: Budapest-Keleti.

Is this correct? Any insight from you would be helpful.

Thanks in advnace

Reply to: Train Budapest to Prague
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted