We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What seats should I get in the Opera House?

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 11
What seats should I get in the Opera House?

So, Parsifal is on on the 29th of March while we are in Budapest. I have never been to an Opera but I would really like to go. Because I have not been before, I'm a little wary about spending a lot on a ticket. I looked online and tickets vary from around 3000f - 19,000f. I'm not familiar with the Opera House so not sure which tickets are good value? Could someone please advise me on what are good value seats? Preferably maybe one of the tickets for 3000f or at most 7.500f? We don't need to be front row but it would be nice to be able to comfortably watch it. Many thanks in advance.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 153
1. Re: What seats should I get in the Opera House?

Hello hayleenaj,

My wife and I (Me mostly because I am told I am going) have been several times and I can suggest a couple of options but again this is just my personal preference.

You can see that there are 3 tiers of box seats. We usually sit in the middle tier somewhere in the first 6 boxes counting from the middle rear. If you get too far around (close to the stage) it can cut off your view into the depth of the stage at the side closest to where you are sitting (if that makes any sense). So get as close to center rear as you can. First, or second tier, I would suggest. (These are your 7500f seats not bad at all)

My favorite seats are on the floor, about 1/3 back, center seats near the aisle for a number of reasons. If you are jet-lagged, get tired or the performance is not up to snuff, you can easily leave without disturbing the entire row and the ones behind you. 1/3 back additionally seems to give me the best view of all the sets without craning my neck, and it seems to me you get the best acoustics there also. (These tend to be on the higher scale in price)

Enjoy,

SEBESZ

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 42
2. Re: What seats should I get in the Opera House?

The other answer is ..."Comfortable Seats!" When Parsifal is performed at the Met in NYC it runs some five hours in length. It is a magestic opera, but might be tough for a first-timer. You should get an idea of what will be happening during the opera before going as I thinnk this will help you to enjoy it.

Can the Ring be far behind?

Pjk

Edited: 11:08 am, March 11, 2013
3. Re: What seats should I get in the Opera House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 13, 2014