We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budapest to Berlin

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nelson, New Zealand
reviews: 4
Budapest to Berlin

We will be in Budapest in August and need to get to Berlin...could I have some alternatives please.......bus...train....plane.

Much appreciated.

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Budapest to Berlin

Public transport Budapest to Berlin

Bus www.orangeways.com

Train www.bahn.de/en

Flights www.easyjet.com www.airberlin.com

Currency exchange rates www.xe.com

2. Re: Budapest to Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:39 pm, July 08, 2013
Europe
3. Re: Budapest to Berlin

>>>The price starts on 29 Euro for one way ( plus some extra for a sleeping coach ) <<<

Actually it's not about some extra, but just different type of discounted tickets. 6 berth couchettes are 39 euro, 4 berth - 49 euro, 3 bed sleeper - 59 euro, double sleeper - 69 euro & single 129 euro. Besides MAV website, discounted tickets for connection from Budapest to Berlin can also be booked via DB website

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 14
4. Re: Budapest to Berlin

Hi there,

I am looking to do a reverse trip of the one mentioned above and want to depart Berlin to get to Budapest though when I am on the DB and Mav-start websites they don't show this as a possible option.

Am I blind and am missing something or do I need to look at a different site since I wish to depart Berlin?

Many thanks

South Australia
reviews: 12
5. Re: Budapest to Berlin

Train information from Berlin use www.bahn.de/en

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: Budapest to Berlin

Thanks, I have entered my trip and the price quoted is 145 euros! This seems ridiculously expensive - or am I being naive in thinking the train would be cheaper then flying for this trip?

Europe
7. Re: Budapest to Berlin

Brittany, when do you want to travel? It might be the case that all the discounted tickets are sold out, so as result only expensive full fare tickets are left

Sydney, Australia
8. Re: Budapest to Berlin

In June probably around 26th?

Europe
9. Re: Budapest to Berlin

Well, for June 26 there are still discounted tickets available, tickets for the morning EuroCity trains start from 39 & 59 euro, while for overnight train even cheaper - from 29 euro

That is how it looks - http://i41.tinypic.com/e896k7.jpg

10. Re: Budapest to Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 08, 2014