We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is budapest safe

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Is budapest safe

Hi is there any hen or stag nights there at this time and is it safe there is there places to stay away from

luton
reviews: 154
1. Re: Is budapest safe

compared to benidorm or magaluf its safe,but you wont be seeing lots of hen and stag dos in budapest

I went 3 times last year and saw the odd stag group but its not ibiza

TBH I wonder what made you pick budapest as a destination?

its very pretty,cultural but its not a place I would go to an a stag do

my top stag destinations are

ibiza

magaluf

butlins (skegvegas)

benidorm

blackpool

these places are geared up for stag parties

I highly recommend the celeritas shooting club,but you must be sober to shoot the guns

good luck

tony

Budapest
reviews: 1
2. Re: Is budapest safe

be very wary of scam being pulled on male tourists. usual pattern is being approached by two girls/women looking for directions to a bridge /pub. they chat a bit then invite you to join them/are you going their way? they lead you to a pub where the whole thing goes into overdrive and before you know it you have bought several drinks and you get the bill which will be very very expensive. they insist on cash and it becomes qiute threatening usually with men in backround looking on. it's quite subtle and you may not know it's happening until you've been given the bill! my friend and i were caught like this on on first night before we had a chance to acclimatise with the currency and area. the BISTRO BAR and COFFEE house on Vaci Utc, near Elizebeth bridge was used for this one but there must be others. we were approached again two days later by two different girls, same story; in town for a few days; at a conference blah blah.

Edited: 12:14 pm, January 28, 2013
Penzance
reviews: 9
3. Re: Is budapest safe

Its quite an old scam for Budapest.A couple of men said last year about how they got caught out.l have been ask for direction to a certain bar by one of them in Hungarian.She was suprised that l knew what she said.Then she walked off.Also l had one that asked me for alight.Then got chatting about how see was a tour guide.Then said about going to a bar.The end result would be the same.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 144
4. Re: Is budapest safe

beentheredonethat

Yes you have it would seem ... sorry to hear of your occurrence although this type of scam has been highlighted in the forum quite often and am sure it will be again.

But then again this scam happens all over the world too so it is not unique to Budapest in general.

As to the safety question I think it can be easily answered with one word .. YES

Does that mean there is no crime of course not after all it is a major city but as a general gauge Budapest is a very safe city. With that being said there is never a substitute for common sense and always trying to beware of your general surroundings.

luton
reviews: 154
5. Re: Is budapest safe

as sebesz correctly states any major conurbation in the world has potential for crime,but compared to big cities in western Europe i have felt and feel pretty safe in Budapest

tony

6. Re: Is budapest safe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 30, 2014