We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minibus transfer from airport to hotel

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Uk
reviews: 7
Minibus transfer from airport to hotel

Has anyone used the Airport shuttle service: bud.hu/english/…by_airportshuttle ? If so it well managed and near to the terminal 2B arrivals?

Also, assuming it's a good system, how long would you leave after the flight arrival time before the time of your arrival transfer?

It looks like a good system from what I can see about it but I haven't seen many reviews on it.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
reviews: 6
1. Re: Minibus transfer from airport to hotel

Yes, I have, and would use it again.

From the link you included, it's the one I use regularly. I don't know if I would try to book in advance, as at least one person on this forum's pre-paid form was apparently not accepted.

What I personally do is clear immigration and customs (in 2B), go to the desk in 2B, purchase a return ticket, and sit down to be called. Maybe because it's my arrival time, but I've never had to wait to be called more than 15 minutes, and I've never encountered a long line on purchasing a ticket. (The desk takes standard credit and debit cards, so you don't need to change money at the airport.) They certainly don't wait until they are sure of a full minibus. Your stop may be the first or the last for that particular trip, so the trip to where you are staying may be shorter or longer. (I'm already a zombie, having started from Denver the day before, so it's fairly immaterial to me.)

I always buy a return ticket and am sure to call them wwith my flight details 24 hrs in advance. They then tell you what time they'll be collecting you. This has always made the required check-in time.

So, yes, I've found them to reliabel and conveniient. If there are two of you, the cost is almost a toss-up between Fo Taxi (the official airport firm) and the minibus. If there are more of you, take the taxi.

Billingham, United...
2. Re: Minibus transfer from airport to hotel

How much is this please & taxi fare? Iam going to corinthia hotel & they will be 6-10 of us. Michelle

Edited: 6:17 pm, April 05, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
reviews: 6
3. Re: Minibus transfer from airport to hotel

I don't know the taxi fare, but I suspect that 2 or 3 taxis would be cheaper for a group that size.

On the fares for the minibus. If you look at the page you referenced, there is a place to click on for the fares for varying numbers of people. For example, a one-way ticket for 6 people is 10,200 fts, and a return for 6 people is 19000 fts. (You can find out about how much that is in pounds by looking at one of the exchange sites - such as oanda.com.)

4. Re: Minibus transfer from airport to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 07, 2014