We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of Prater Residense, central ok area??

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
reviews: 1
Location of Prater Residense, central ok area??

Am looking at booking an apartment in the Prater Residense, looking for opinions on the area, central, safe ect???

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
reviews: 9
1. Re: Location of Prater Residense, central ok area??

Where is it?

Budapest, Hungary
reviews: 52
2. Re: Location of Prater Residense, central ok area??

You will be fine, mate! :)

District 8 (where Prater Residence is) is not the nicest area of Budapest, however they did some improvements lately. This hotel is right next to a newly built apartmenthouse-plaza complex (Corvin Setany) so you will not notice that the area has some history. Also, you will be pretty close to the Boulevard (Körút) which is a very lively street. By tram 4-6 you can rich pretty much everything around: shops, restaurants, museums etc. Corvin setany even has a metro station, so getting around will be easy

I think it is a good choice in an okay area. Go for it!

If you want something more traditional and a bit safer go for something in district 6 or 5. But Budapest is a safe city overall.

Budapest, Hungary
3. Re: Location of Prater Residense, central ok area??

Hi Nissan, as I recall from this thread you are coming with a toddler, so I would not advise that neighbourhood, if you have not made up your mind yet.

In this thread, you got some ideas for hotels, but you can use them as guidance for the location too:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274887-i263-k57…

I would recommend getting an apartment or hotel room somewhere at Szabadsag ter on the Pest side, or near Szent István park. The former will be more expensive, the latter cheaper, but both are good locations with many things to do with a 2.5 year old kid (Szabadsag ter is actually a park with 2 playgrounds). You could ask some mums here too:

http://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/budapestmoms

Edited: 10:51 am, October 09, 2012
4. Re: Location of Prater Residense, central ok area??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, December 14, 2013