We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budapest to Kraków?

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sisak, Croatia
Budapest to Kraków?

What is the easiest and the cheapest way to travel from Budapest to Krakow and what are the prices and if anyone could please tell me if those tickets can be booked over the Internet?

Thank You.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
11. Re: Budapest to Kraków?

A berth in a double sleeper costs €49 if booked in advance ( guide here europetrainsguide.com/Advice/How-to-Buy-Trai… ) but it is much too early to do this now. I think it is possible max. 60 days in advance for Hungarian railways.

Antwerp, Belgium
reviews: 12
12. Re: Budapest to Kraków?

Thanks for the information. I went to the site of polrail.com and it is indeed possible to book the tickets online. There is no schedule yet for august 2013 but I presume that prices and timetables for the nighttrain are going to be the same.

The price I found for a 2 sleeper compartiment is 854 PLN (209.69 euro). Do you know if its cheaper if we would buy the ticket in Krakow? Is that train often fully booked?

Charlotte

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
13. Re: Budapest to Kraków?

Wait until closer the time, and maybe contact Jeffrey at Polrail directly. I don't think they are able to obtain the 'sparscheine' discounted tickets and sell them on so that is the standard price plus whatever agency fee he may add which covers the convenience of being able to purchase through somebody who knows what they are doing..

You can always 'risk it' and wait until you get to Poland as discounted tickets are available (sleeper from €45), but they are in limited supply. When they have gone you pay the standard price.

14. Re: Budapest to Kraków?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 07, 2014